Just got MetalTech spacers! (DIY) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The first place that I saw them was an Aussie forum, both the alloy and welded designs.

good to know. Kudos to the Aussies, then, if they were first!

Mine were better-er. Dunno why, they just were. :flipoff2:

attachment.php

I got 2 different pairs so I can alternate for some variety...

steel vs alum
1 piece vs 2 pieces
1.5" vs 2.5"

etc...

:)

Metal, dudes! Metal! Real cruiserheads don't want to deal with floppy rubber... :D

So, I can't get this right in my head. I have a slee 2" bumpstop puck in the front, if I put the MT spring spacers in do I still need the bumpstop spacers for my 35" BFG AT's what about when I run a true 35 like a toyo MT or swamper? With the spacer it would be impossible to bottom out the shock now right?

The advantage of the spacer like MetalTech's is that it both lifts the truck and doesn't change the position of the bump stop in relation to the axle. You can run both the bump stop extension and spring spacer together.

The advantage of the spacer like MetalTech's is that it both lifts the truck and doesn't change the position of the bump stop in relation to the axle. You can run both the bump stop extension and spring spacer together.

You got it mixed up, the spacer also lowers the bumpstop 1.5 or 2", so with this spacer and 35's you would need no additional bumpstop extension.

You got it mixed up, the spacer also lowers the bumpstop 1.5 or 2", so with this spacer and 35's you would need no additional bumpstop extension.

No, Cory is correct. If you don't have a MetalTech spacer, the bumpstop sits X" from the axle at rest. With the spacer, it is still X" from the axle at rest...:cheers:

No, Cory is correct. If you don't have a MetalTech spacer, the bumpstop sits X" from the axle at rest. With the spacer, it is still X" from the axle at rest...:cheers:

But it moves it down compared to the body and the upper shock mount which is what you use bumpstops for in the first place.

Great write-up. If anything, this is the perfect spring install guide!

I see what happend. You both are correct!:cheers:

So you guys are saying with the 2" spacers on top of the springs the 2" Drop Bump Stop Extentions are not needed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom