Just got a LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. This is my second FZJ80, a 97 LX450, my first was a 97 LC. It has issues, and will be going through a process of restoration. High millage, but rust free. Not as clean as advertised, as a matter of fact, the engine had no oil when I got it. A quick trip to the local mechanic got it going, he said luckily it wasn't locked, just knew better than to start, whatever that means. It has a leak, but is running at least. Shocks and springs are gone, but will be doing some OME replacement soon. It needs tires, center caps, ect. Other issues are the interior needs some attention, example, steering wheel and shifter had the leather removed, so I need to replace/fix that. The seats are not working, and the third row seems to have walked away. I love these trucks, there is just something about them. I had buyer remorse at first, but, just see it as another challenge. There is an awesome shop here in Houston that works on these, so whatever I cannot do myself, I will out source to them. I'm looking for some parts, so if you have any LX450/LC stuff you want to part with, do let me know. I'm located in Houston TX, so I am willing to meet up with a fellow Texan to buy, chat or trade. Thanks for looking...JDL

IMG_0442.PNG

IMG_0443.PNG

IMG_0444.PNG

Looks great! Drive it like you stole it.

welcome to the madness :cheers:

Congrat fellow Houstonian!! That looks to be a clean 80. Enjoy. =)

Nice Looking LX! Time to put her on a diet...

IMG_0333.JPG

Nice rig. Just picked up a 96 LX450 myself. Very low mileage @ 112k. Working through all the fun parts now. Does have some undercarriage rust up front but the body is clean. Will definitely spending the time to remove/repair/replace the bad spots. Currently fighting getting the belts back on. The PO had some genius attempt to adjust the belt tension without loosening the locking bolt on both systems so now I have new adjuster assemblies to install today. Dizzy o-ring, then front axle service, then PS cooler upgrade, then... no telling but I definitely have a list built.If you're ever in the SA area or want some parts advise, feel free to hit me up.

Enjoy the ride!

KBN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom