Joined the Club! 2019 Magnetic Gray/Terra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I used the tire database to see what might have lower rubbing on my planned setup. I didn't dwell on it too long. 200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database
It still rode great, just not so much wallow when turning.

Keep in mind the tire database spreadsheet hasn’t been updated for quite a long time now.

Quite a few of us now run very different combos than are shown on the chart.

So about the 1st thing I did was to get the cooler tray insert too. I dont need the cooler and I wanted to be able to reach some stuff easily. Found the rear mat and removed the 3rd row seats. Coming from a Range Rover I do miss the heads up. -- BUT -- not enough to go back. It is Sooo Nice having a truck in which everything works. Wish I could find some rubber inserts for the front center console drink holders - the cups slide and the little retention arms dont have enough tension to hold the cups I use. Also, I know this seems to go against what Ive read a bunch here, but, id like to lower the truck some to make it easier to get in and out of. Im 6'2 but I guess my height is from the waist up:). Just seems like an awkward and high step up to the running board to get in and if I try to just slide up and in on the seat, I get my panties in a knot.... Been looking around to figure out if its worth lowering or not. But then I might suffer when finally going out on the trail. I have no idea on lift kits and the one place I stopped in at so far was not interested. Still looking.

Enjoy the new rig. Post a pic.

The LCs don’t have one touch lane change on the flasher? My 13 LX does. You may have to enable it in settings.

So about the 1st thing I did was to get the cooler tray insert too. I dont need the cooler and I wanted to be able to reach some stuff easily. Found the rear mat and removed the 3rd row seats. Coming from a Range Rover I do miss the heads up. -- BUT -- not enough to go back. It is Sooo Nice having a truck in which everything works. Wish I could find some rubber inserts for the front center console drink holders - the cups slide and the little retention arms dont have enough tension to hold the cups I use. Also, I know this seems to go against what Ive read a bunch here, but, id like to lower the truck some to make it easier to get in and out of. Im 6'2 but I guess my height is from the waist up:). Just seems like an awkward and high step up to the running board to get in and if I try to just slide up and in on the seat, I get my panties in a knot.... Been looking around to figure out if its worth lowering or not. But then I might suffer when finally going out on the trail. I have no idea on lift kits and the one place I stopped in at so far was not interested. Still looking.

Enjoy the new rig. Post a pic.

I'm 6'2" as well and most of it is from hips up. It's awkward because we are just tall enough to not need the steps. I pulled mine off about a month after buying and it makes everything a lot easier. My kids hate it tho....

As for the cup holders, I use foam beer can cozies. I also have one from Fremont Brewing in Seattle that snaps around my Hydroflask coffee mug and has just the right thickness. Also, the divider between the 2 cup holders can be removed and reinserted slightly to one side or the other.

718F51C3-C983-44B5-9E8C-3A69D861A2F9.jpeg
Come on dude. Post a picture. I mean, it takes about 5 seconds to take one on your iPhone and post it.

Here’s my 16 with same colors. Taken on my phone yesterday. Posting from phone.

My first truck was an ‘87 4Runner. I then went through a bunch of rides before coming back to Toyota’s with my first 200 in 2009. You’ll be happy to be back for sure.

As for the cup holders, I use foam beer can cozies. I also have one from Fremont Brewing in Seattle that snaps around my Hydroflask coffee mug and has just the right thickness. Also, the divider between the 2 cup holders can be removed and reinserted slightly to one side or the other.
Thanks for the reminder on the adjustable center piece. I was messing with it after I got the truck and noticed it came out. But when trying to move it to oneside or the other a bit, I must have gotten it cross threaded and could not get it to snap in so I gave up and moved it back to the middle. Seeing your post, thanks again, I went out and tried again - got it. I use mostly Tervis Tumblers so we'll see tomorrow. In the mean time, I had cut out 2 sided somewhat tacky padded shelf liner which worked pretty good. But I was reluctant to use an adhesive to hold it down bc I figured as hot as it gets here it would eventually give out and id be stuck with a tacky mess.

I'm 6'2" as well and most of it is from hips up. It's awkward because we are just tall enough to not need the steps. I pulled mine off about a month after buying and it makes everything a lot easier. My kids hate it tho....
We'll see. I love the truck. My last truck was a bit lower and it seemed easy flowing just to step on the running board and slide in. This one as mentioned, more of a step up and I have to crouch down as to not hit my head. Coming from a 2018 Land Rover Supercharged so I know the measurements have to have been different. I'll make it work - love the Toyota. Have a nice weekend. Tks

You aren’t FULLY geeking out until you download the PDF version manual to your phone or tablet and read it on the pooper. :flush:

Get with it, man! :hillbilly:

Anyway...congrats, and welcome.

Markuson

A word to the wise.....on an open forum there are some things you should not admit to doing. :doh:

Wondering if I did this correctly...images are huge. Do most people upload direct to site or host elsewhere and link?

Wondering if I did this correctly...images are huge. Do most people upload direct to site or host elsewhere and link?
Looks great...reminds me of the day I brought mine home.

Congrats on the new rig! The more I see this color combo, the more I'm liking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom