Johnson Furnace # 6-8384 is mine!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i will when i install them. they are going on my truck so i am not sure how you could do this on you trailer.
here is a pic of the front of my truck, i tried to get apic of the blackouts on but it has not worked yet.
toy4xfun-albums-my-truck-picture10488-mytruck-003.jpg

on the pick of the rear lights the top bulb will be brakes the next one down will be marker or parking and then
the first black out light is red to it will be hooked to turn signals and the bottom is green it will be hooked
to the blackout lights. sorry here is a better pick of the front military marker lights the top one is a black out light.
toy4xfun-albums-my-truck-picture10489-mytruck-004.jpg

Last edited:
i will when i install them. they are going on my truck so i am not sure how you could do this on you trailer.
here is a pic of the front of my truck, i tried to get apic of the blackouts on but it has not worked yet.
toy4xfun-albums-my-truck-picture10488-mytruck-003.jpg

on the pick of the rear lights the top bulb will be brakes the next one down will be marker or parking and then
the first black out light is red to it will be hooked to turn signals and the bottom is green it will be hooked
to the blackout lights. sorry here is a better pick of the front military marker lights the top one is a black out light.
toy4xfun-albums-my-truck-picture10489-mytruck-004.jpg
Dooood! Very :cool:

Finally got the chassis black on the body parts.
Have to get the underside tomorrow.
Will have the bed mounted by the middle of the week since I have a holiday on Wednesday.

11-07-09 002.JPG

EDIT: Jeebuz! How do I find anything in there????!!!!!

11-07-09 003.JPG

11-07-09 004.JPG
11-07-09 002.JPG
11-07-09 003.JPG
11-07-09 004.JPG

Last thing I id was use some aerosol bedliner to spray the inside of the fenders and the underside of the tub. The wife is off work Tuesday and I am off Wednesday so we should get it back on one of those days. Can't wait to have that monster out of my shop!

I used some 3m bedliner on the bottom of my trailer. Very satisfied.

Last edited:
OK - no pic yet. (Camera was in the house) But the tub is done and mounted. Fenders are on and tailgate is mounted with all hardware. I have to adjust the brakes and put on the brake handle and I will be set. I have not done any wiring yet. I still have not decided what route to go. I figure if I wire it with the regular 4 wire trailer plug, it will be easy enough to mod later so I may go that route.

The next thing is the frame for the RTT. I will post pics later. Just looks like a black M416 with a rad tailgate.

DSC03360.JPG

DSC03362.JPG

DSC03361.JPG

Interesting to note that there was a bunch of paint on the data plate and :princess: used Goof Off to remove it. It did nothing to the plate itself. I was worried it would mess it up. This might be an option for all data plates.
DSC03360.JPG
DSC03362.JPG
DSC03361.JPG

Your trailer work continues to impress:cool:--how'd you hurt the hand?? BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Chris,
Congrats on the progress. The trailer is looking good. The hand is looking good too ... better than your description last week. Have a great turkey day.

Still painful:meh: Just a broken bone on the middle, 3rd metacarpal. Painful even to run. Sorry I missed yet another run and happy Turkey day to you too!

Your trailer work continues to impress:cool:--how'd you hurt the hand?? BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
I am a dip s*** man with f-ed up emotions and hard objects near by. Nothing damaged but the hand :meh:

that looks really slick hugh. i like the tailgate cables hooking to the inside. i have exterior chains on mine like an old pickup and they get bound up easily so the gate doesn't open evenly.

i like that s/n plate. no cool diagram on the m101 plate.

that looks really slick hugh. i like the tailgate cables hooking to the inside. i have exterior chains on mine like an old pickup and they get bound up easily so the gate doesn't open evenly.

i like that s/n plate. no cool diagram on the m101 plate.
There is a second smaller plate. It needs cleaning. Not sure what is on it:hmm:

This is the best trailer thread ever.
Thanks Merv! ;p
Finally got the brake handle mounted and bakes adjusted. It was very easy. I also put the serial number placard back on the tailgate. The little bit of wrenching was kinda painful. I think I have another 3 weeks before my hand is fully healed.

I am cleaning up the lunette that I have that had been cut and a ball hitch welded to it so I can use that with my Nissan since it does not have a receiver. Then I am going to tackle the lights. I figure I will wire in the lights liek a regular cheapo trailer and up grade the electrical later.

Just a quick update.
I towed this to GSMTR in May behind the 40 and it towed great. I fabbed a class III hitch for the 40 out of one man's trash.

Yooper provided me with an OE canvas cover for it.

About 2 weeks ago I picked up an RTT at Southeast Overland and I think I have everything (but time) to get it on the trailer.

Stay tuned!

Sent from technology I can't control using the IH8MUD app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom