Jamie's '76 FJ40 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took some "before it was molested" measurements. Rear 41.5" to the top seam, front, 33.5" to the fender.
76FJ40_35.jpg

76FJ40_36.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking, channel, chop top, candy paint, twice pipes,,, :hillbilly:

Inkpot trying to figure which side of the new wooden slipper shackles to grease? Those things are going to be all the rage, no more bushings to worry about, lots of droop, the shizzle!:hillbilly:

it's got some major stinkbug, for sure :hillbilly:

Nice looking. This things going to be locked isn't it?

At the moment the "plan" is for a rear Aussie only. My guess, it's going to have plenty of flex, will keep tires on the ground more than most 40's, so will wheel well.

We mentioned to Rootbeer, enjoy it while you can, that domineering thing isn't going to last much longer! :hillbilly:
76FJ40_39.jpg

Last edited:
:lol:

real one-up-woman-ship is seat time :flipoff2:

The decision not to use the original springs was a good one, they are very worn.:eek:
76FJ40_40.jpg

Last edited:
The decision not to use the original springs was a good one, they are very worn.:eek:
Groovy springs! As in most cases, the picture doesn't do justice to the severity.

This would make a great episode of Pimp my Ride! :grinpimp:

Didn't happen without pictures:flipoff2:

It happened.

Rootbeer not lookin so confident, or maybe something like, give me my damn tires already?:hillbilly:
76FJ40_41.jpg

76FJ40_42.jpg

Last edited:
Would have gotten more done today, but, lexycrzy was whining something about a clunk from the rear of his rig. Seams like we just put these in, like in April, just before the Utah trip. They were Raybestos, "professional grade". The moral of the story, buy Toyota for this part!:hillbilly:
rear_bushing_1.jpg

rear_bushing_2.jpg

Last edited:
:doh:

Would have gotten more done today, but, lexycrzy was whining something about a clunk from the rear of his rig. Seams like we just put these in, like in April, just before the Utah trip. They were Raybestos, "professional grade". The moral of the story, buy Toyota for this part!:hillbilly:
Alledgedly they are Raybestos "professional grade". Hard to believe they deteriorated that fast..Bummer...... Nothing like Mr T's parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom