Jamie O’s 2014 GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies and Gentlemen,

After 6 years of watching my wife drive out 2014 GX, I have taken it over as my primary vehicle. When we bought it I knew this day would come where I could build something I wanted.

Huge thank you to everyone that has contributed to this site. I’ve spent the last few weeks absorbing. I wanted to share my build. Both for feedback on ideas, and just because this community is amazing.

This will be a daily driver but I’d love to take it off road some / overland. My travels will be light. Easy trails and taking my girls camping. Think county, state and national forest roads. However I want something that looks unique to all the mom GX’s in our area.

Here’s what I have going so far!
-Last weekend I did the running board removal/trim (pics attached)
- Silly upgrades like the OSB that makes the rear views pull in automatically. Kind of like it though.
- Uni secondary intake filter.
- LED interior lighting. Love this
- Tint this week
- Planning on putting 275/65 R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires on it. Would love feedback on this and have read all the forums on tire size.
- Went ahead and replaced the notorious bold with a flat metal screw and heated fender plastic back some and removed front mud guard.
- Rock Slider will be here next week.
- Plan to wrap it Matte Military Green and do a chrome delete. Also make the stock wheels black. Can’t decide on Matte, Satin or Gloss.
- Here’s where I’m stuck. I’m looking at a strut spacer to lift the front 1/2” or going ahead with the Bilstein 5100. I like working on it myself. I can do the strut spacer, but don’t have the coil compressors to do the Bilstein. Would love thoughts.

Plan to keep this updated as the build progresses.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

Welcome, nice ride!

Not a fan of spacers or band aids. Save you money on the wrap and purchase a decent suspension.

In my opinion this is the best bang for the buck!
You can rent strut compressors from a big brand parts store or pay a shop an hour or two to swap them over. Slee may offer a service to send the front struts assembled. Essentially you would just need the top hats and rubber pieces. Being its a 2014 you probably need new rubber pieces anyway.

Go with gloss black on the wheels, will look good with the green wrap or with the current (better) color.

something that looks unique to all the mom GX’s in our area.
lift of whatever height will make you stand above the GX's in the lot and will make you smile as you walk up. Replacing the original suspension on my '12 with a 2" lift really changed the ride comfort and tightened everything back up. Kids, wife & dogs can still easily get in and out.

L
lift of whatever height will make you stand above the GX's in the lot and will make you smile as you walk up. Replacing the original suspension on my '12 with a 2" lift really changed the ride comfort and tightened everything back up. Kids, wife & dogs can still easily get in and out.
Did you just lift the front or did you do a total lift? What kit did you use?

Alright guys. I ended up making a few mods over the last month. It’s coming along nicely.

-Went with new Bilstein struts on the front to bring it up 2”.
-275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tires
-Magnaflow Overland Exhaust
- Wrapped it Matte Military Green with Matte Black Chrome Delete.
- Blacked out the wheels. Went Plasti Dip to make sure I liked it as a short term solution. Will be powder coating or buying new Lexus Black rims/ New Black rims in general in the future.
- Custom Rock Sliders are here. Bolt holes didn’t line up perfectly so I’ve been grinding them out to make them fit. Hopefully installing today.

Going to stop spending money on it after this for a while, but thinking roof rack and some interior mods in the future.

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

Unique style, I like it.

Totally dig the OD green!

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom