Its not a pig, it's a????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

but i do believe we could start a trend that could sweep the world right here with the right name:grinpimp:

I feel the need for something more origional. i may be wrong but it seems as though that is just replacing the words from 'iron pig' with a synonym and a different animal (yes i know iron and steel are not the same thing)

He basically is. And boar is just a male pig. That's what makes it funny. :grinpimp:

Technically I think the 60 is classified as a wagon, at least my insurance thinks it is hehehe 60's are real life tanks though, steel boar hahaha

I call mine by what they really are:

The Brown one (84-FJ60), The Silver one (86-FJ60), The Blue one (76-FJ40), The Black one(69-FJ40), The Camo one (??-FJ40) and the Hawkeye themed one. (Black and white 72-FJ40).

Last edited:
I call mine by what they really are:

The Brown one, The Silver one, The Blue one, The Black one, The Camo one and the Hawkeye themed one. (Black and white).

Same here...Silver one (87FJ60), Red one (73FJ40), Brown one (72FJ55) and the Blue one (66FJ40)

and the trailers too...Green one (M416A1), Red one (costco flad bed trailer), Black one (dump trailer)...

it works

I always though that the term iron pig referred to land cruisers in general. I call my 62 the iron pig. It started when I first got it, I noticed how well it was built, then I called it the tank. But I herd the name iron pig and it just stuck.

The Iron Pig is, always has been and always will be the exclusive title for the FJ55. Do you not know from whence the name arose? No argument will be accepted or permitted. The caged jeep salesman is wasting away in the corner of the stables, but he can still contaminate your village well and despoil your dogs. It has been a while since the Horde has released him, but do not think we will hesitate to use this vile weapon or to salt your fields afterwards.

The First Knight has spoken.

Mark...

my friend rob calls me chucky, so the cruiser became the "chuck wagon", although re-arched springs with extra leaves may be a factor to that name.

As well, brown tank was its name after taking some buds for a run through some mud holes, i think tank is a better description for the old diesel 60.

Yep-The 60 definitely is not an "Iron Pig". In my house it's just "the 60". Even my Land Cruiser hating wife will say something like "I saw a 60 in that ad for pampers" or what ever. The problem, of course, is that 60s are not ugly enough to be given a name. They are only lightly styled, and are basically a box on wheels. Form follows function in 60s and I sort of like that. There also also no gimicks in an FJ60. 55's have that gimmicky rear window and tail gate, where 60s have a simple lift gate and tail gate. Less to break=good.

60s are better than 55s in every measurable way, but I still look longingly at the 55s for sale. Why is that?

60s are better than 55s in every measurable way, but I still look longingly at the 55s for sale. Why is that?

It's one of those things where you look longingly at what you can never have. And after a blasphemous statement like that one... any self respecting Pig would flee from you paddock at the first chance. ;)

Mark...

I call my Fj60 "the 60" my HJ60 "the HJ" which my wife calls it "stinky". I think the rule of thumb is that you can name your truck after a woman just about as soon as you buy it. However, you cannot give it a name, especially not one you would write on the back window, unless you have at least 40" tires. Common redneck logic, everyone out here in Wyoming knows that! So, no "Mud slut, swamp thing, rock wagon, or masterblaster" until you're rolling on 40s.

Preach on brother WINSLOW

We call it "The Land Cruiser" which seems like a bit of a mouth full to get out. "Truck" kind of works but my wife always points out that it is not a truck. My three year old daughter calls it "the dump truck" or "the garbage truck" . . . But that is not a bad thing. She likes dump trucks and garbage trucks.

Steel Boar - excellent choice. Maybe the iron wagon. I also heard someone call an 80 the iron pig.

:beer: Chad

I also heard someone call an 80 the iron pig.

:beer: Chad

There is a man who has obviously never heard of the Horde, the Hoard, the Knights of the Iron Pig, the Infinite Bazzar, the Sisters of the Sixtys, or I'd wager even Brother Andy or the Tales of the Broken Birfield Bar.

:(

Mark...

I hate to put a damper on this idea of finding a "cool nickname" for the 60 series but let's get real.

If it doesn't happen spontaneously after a couple decades, it's not going to regardless of efforts to do so.

:cheers:

A little Iron Pig history but to read the words is to understand the iron pig and those keepers of the horde...

Why "Iron Pig"?
"Picture a long, wide mud pit... you know what I'm talking about. The kind of pit filled with stinky, black, chunky mud the consistency of a thick stew... the smell of rotting vegetation is in the air, horseflies and dragonflies buzz overhead, and an old swaybacked cow chews its cud contentedly at the edge of the water, swinging its tail slowly as the morning dew dissipates and the sun dries a thin layer of the mud, deceiving you, beckoning...
"In the middle of this long, wide mud pit, wallowing contentedly, is a rare beast. Its weight draws it deeper into the mud, but somehow it is still moving, slowly, ever so slowly... its form hints at its strength, yet it moves with a certain grace that seems impossible for its bulk... nothing about this beast is delicate, and yet it possesses a strange beauty, a sense of timeless appeal.... you feel slightly repulsed, yet strangely attracted... you can sense its feral nature, its danger, but you can tell that this beast is somehow noble, a true master of its environment...
"Is it a wild boar, or a Cape buffalo? Perhaps a scarred old African bull elephant?...
No, the noble beast that has captivated your attention and perhaps your heart is a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55, and now you know why those who of us in the know, those of an enlightened nature, those of us who believe call it an "Iron Pig". It is a sign of respect, of admiration, a fitting tribute...
By Henry Cubillan

Last edited:
Yep-The 60 definitely is not an "Iron Pig". In my house it's just "the 60". Even my Land Cruiser hating wife will say something like "I saw a 60 in that ad for pampers" or what ever. The problem, of course, is that 60s are not ugly enough to be given a name. They are only lightly styled, and are basically a box on wheels. Form follows function in 60s and I sort of like that. There also also no gimicks in an FJ60. 55's have that gimmicky rear window and tail gate, where 60s have a simple lift gate and tail gate. Less to break=good.

How about IRON BOX then:cheers: ?

Mine is just ----THE LAND CRUSHER--- big and heavy but I am kind of fond of the toyota samurai thing since I have built and run a few Suzuki tin tops a couple years ago.

My dad calls his 40 a Land Crusher and calls my 60 that too.

After I paint my Cruiser ODGreen and put the stars on the side/hood I'm going to call it "Battle Wagon". I'm having some chrome cut for emblems too :).

I can seriously see a machine gun nest on top of this truck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom