Italian iron pig restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody,

I am restoring my fj55 with the help of a friend (i have not the skill that many of you have)

securedownload-4.jpeg

securedownload-3.jpeg

securedownload-2.jpeg

which is the difference between restoring to stock and rest-mod?

Does anybody tell me the measures of the 2 mounts of the front bench?

ToyBoy,

Do you need the measurement between the front seat mounts. Like in my picture.

IMG_2137.jpg

Went out and measured. From Driver to Passenger...46 1/2" and front to back...13"

Let me know if you need more measurements.

Restoration or stock, means like it left the showroom floor. No modifications.

Resto-mod, etc. means stock with some changes, like different engine or power steering. Similar to mine.

I want to do a restoration, but I want to use it also, not leaving her in a garage just for showing!

I need the measure of the nount itself, not the measure between the two mounts, so length, wide and large....

Sorry ToyBoy,

I posted the measurements yesterday, but I guess it didn't go through.

Looking at the picture,

left side ( front ) is 3 1/2"
Right side (rear ) is 3"
Length is 15"
width is 2"

These measurements might be off alittle due to all the coatings!

IMG_2144.jpg

Hi,

the story of my iron pig is strange. Me and 2 friends of mine where looking for one, but in italy and europe is very rare. We find one in sweden through internet, a friend of a friend was going over there so we gave him the money to buy it if she was in ggod shape. he bought her, but it wasn't in really good shape. After the 2 friends of mine went out of this little society so I left alone, but now I want to get to the end and have one of the best fj55 in Italy.

I saw a fj55 for the first time in Libya, and after I said : one day I want to have one

Thanks for the measure, naturally they are in inches, I will convert in centimeters

I saw a red one in a northern country for sale few month ago. was it this one?

no, mine was yellow!!! Very nice but not original, I'll make it blu and white.....

Hi,

the story of my iron pig is strange. Me and 2 friends of mine where looking for one, but in italy and europe is very rare. We find one in sweden through internet, a friend of a friend was going over there so we gave him the money to buy it if she was in ggod shape. he bought her, but it wasn't in really good shape. After the 2 friends of mine went out of this little society so I left alone, but now I want to get to the end and have one of the best fj55 in Italy.

I saw a fj55 for the first time in Libya, and after I said : one day I want to have one

Thanks for the measure, naturally they are in inches, I will convert in centimeters

Great story! Even though your two friends bailed out, you are finishing the Pig! Congratulations!

My restorations tend to have a car as much original as possible, I like that way. I have to say also that in italy tuning is very difficult because of very restrictive rules about tuning. For instance for putting bigger tires you can put only 5% more bigger than the original!!!!

Some people bring their car to germany, making a german car, go to TUV and put on the "car paper" (i don't know the english word) a lot of tires measure, front and back iron bumper etc, etc, and than make an italian car again spending a lot of money but is the only way to be in the law. Changing the engine is impossible....

By the looks of your body work, you WILL have the best FJ55 in Italy. Good Job and keep moving forward.

Car Paper = Title or maybe Registration Paper

I wish there were people around here that could do custom body work that didnt charge $150+ an hour....

I need some wheel arches redone!

Looking great, I'm jealous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom