For Sale ISO sm420 to LC 3sp transfer adapter plate FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hey everyone, I'm looking to see if anyone here has or knows of someone looking to get rid of an sm420 to LC 3sp adapter plate. I'm striking out pretty hard on locating one because apparently they have fallen out of demand. If anyone has any leads, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike D

I did a sm465 in mine. took me a year trying to find a plate. ended up doing sm465 and dana 18 transfer case, with AA adapter plate. AA makes one for the 420 to FJ40 but you will end up with a tiny tiny driveline. But when I was looking i found a few places that had good info. check valley hybrids, And EBI In Canada the guy is way nice and has tons and tons of great info. EBI in canada used to make them the 420 swap was lil more common at the time of people making the plate adapters because it was out before the sm465. I literally called every single land cruiser shop in the U.S. When you do find one. make sure you drill two holes in your gear that goes into the 420 and safety wire you bolt to the gear. lots of people went away from the plate adapters because of the harmonics making that bolt come out. I love the 420 and the 465 its a way cool swap and retro. I get a lot of hate for mine. People always saying bet thats fun to shift in town. I honestly love it. I built the 465 from parts so my whole trans and shift forks all new and it shifts nice. its fun to crawl with. Might want to change your post from for sale to wanted and will possibly get more help. let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom