Is this the FSM that I need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've seen that but I really prefer to have a hard copy for times when I don't have internet access. Also I think the hard copy will be cheaper in the long run with everything I have to do on the truck.

I ordered a hard copy from Helm Inc. for $85 for my '97 LC. A search there shows a back ordered manual for a '97 LX, not sure of the differences w/ your '96. Might be worth a call to see if a '96 manual is an option, $280 seems steep to me.

Helm Incorporated: Search Results

I've seen that but I really prefer to have a hard copy for times when I don't have internet access. Also I think the hard copy will be cheaper in the long run with everything I have to do on the truck.

Download them and print it off. Many of people here have them already and if you ask you'll probably get a copy emailed to you.

I have two '93 80s. I have a '94 FSM - it's a bit well-loved, but it's all there. $50 on eBay. Set up an IFTTT recipe and wait. Use TIS for emergent issues until what you need pops up. It'll happen.

You don't need internet access. You're downloading the files. Print what you need, when you need it.

IIRC, there isn't really a difference between 96 and 97 LX. I use a 97 FSM for my 96 LX

I ordered a hard copy from Helm Inc. for $85 for my '97 LC. A search there shows a back ordered manual for a '97 LX, not sure of the differences w/ your '96. Might be worth a call to see if a '96 manual is an option, $280 seems steep to me.

Helm Incorporated: Search Results

Is this the same book? That is a good deal

I'll take a better pic when I get home this weekend, but I have two bound copies that look legit to me.

You can see them in the background on the right.

IMG_0101.JPG

When you go to checkout now there is a warning that they don't have any more bound copies and that they are out of print.

When you get your manual from Helm's, what you will get is a bound copy reprint of the factory original service manual. First difference i have seen between a "first edition" service manual, and a reprint. In the first edition, all the wiring diagrams were printed using the actual color of ink, matching the color of the wires in the wiring harness. In the reprint, all the wires in the wiring diagrams, were all printed in black ink, making them much harder to trace. The Other difference i noticed between a first edition, and a reprint, most of the time the reprint included all the updated service bulletins.

Apeterson here for example, is what an original 1996 factory land cruiser service manual looks like.
s-l1600.jpg

Here's what the Helm's reprinted bound copy looks like.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom