1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an import to USA thread with costs?

Discussion in 'Importing' started by jatree, Apr 4, 2017.

1. RMP&O

RMP&O OCD Supporting Vendor

Albums:
    I just brought in a container with x2 LHD Non-US spec Cruisers in it that I sourced and inspected myself before purchase.

I am $7,800 in shipping and clearing US Customs. The last expense right now is inland shipping here in the USA and titling, for titling I will be paying 6% sales tax on what o bought the trucks for.

Anyone that thinks imported trucks are overpriced has never imported one. I will be more than $4k per truck in shipping, duties, fees and titling.

FYI, I imported a truck from NZ in 2002 andit cost me $2500 all up. I did it again from Australia in 2012 and it cost close to $6k with inland shipping on both ends. HLS, The Terrorism Act, etc etc is why the cost to import has gone up so high.

Cheers

2. tlaporte

tlaporte SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    This is good info. I imported mine from Oz in 2007 and my costs were similar to your 2002 costs. As I've looked at other trucks overseas I've mentally only been adding that $2500-$3000 cost to the purchase price. Good to know that I should be adding a bigger number in my calculations.

GLWS of the trucks!

RMP&O likes this.
  3. RMP&O

RMP&O OCD Supporting Vendor

Albums:

You should always be ready for the worst. That $7800 went up to over $10k. Secondary customs inspections, port storage fees due to secondary inspection, THC and more. It can go smooth or it can get real nasty real fast and you have little to no room to argue and no choice but to pay up or it just gets more and more expensive.

I been running a spread sheet on it all since day one and it all adds up.

Cheers

4. Whiskerz

Whiskerz

This is a good read guys thanks for the info

jatree likes this.