Is replacing wheel speed sensor a driveway kind of job? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
I am thinking that is the reason for skid control and alarm coming on. New rack and pinion. Mechanic did not see any obvious issues underneath but it did have ABS codes. Since he didn't find the rack or tie rods loose, I'm thinking wheel sensor...but still searching.

Thanks

I thought my wheel speed sensors were bad (it was the rack) and when I checked the price on a PAIR...you can't buy just one, they are matched set... I was thinking it was a I need to win the lottery kind of job. The work won't be hard unless they are rusted in place. I pulled mine for the rack replacement and brakes and it was easy to get them out.

The rack and inner rods are only few months old and nothing seems loose and steering seems fine. Perhaps the Oreilly rack is a dud.

It is a driveway job. May want to hit the mounting bolts with some breakfree a day or so before you start the job.

To answer your question: YES!

How To: Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement

Unfortunately the wheel speed sensor is occasionally frozen, snaps, and then you will have to tap it out from the wheel face side. This means pulling the rotors and doing a bearing repack. Use a good penetrating lube a few hours before.

o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom