For Sale Iowa fj40 1/2 tub. 1979+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I have a 1/2 tub that fits 79+ fj40. It is like new… primed and ready to install. $1500

IMG_2459.jpeg

IMG_2448.jpeg

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a pre 1/79 half tub not later.

Looking further with the gas door opening the and reverse light hole would be for a 73. Fill the reverse hole would work on a 9/73-1/79 with the correct section between the A and B pillars

Last edited:
This is a pre 1/79 half tub not later.

Looking further with the gas door opening the and reverse light hole would be for a 73. Fill the reverse hole would work on a 9/73-1/79 with the correct section between the A and B pillars
OK. I did cut the reverse light hole into the tub. The fuel cap definitely looks like 73 and later but my question. Did the frame and or body mount perches change after 73? My 71 is stock unmolested and this half tub would not sit on the frame mounts. Not even close and it was a hair long for my 71. About 3/4” too long.

OK. I did cut the reverse light hole into the tub. The fuel cap definitely looks like 73 and later but my question. Did the frame and or body mount perches change after 73? My 71 is stock unmolested and this half tub would not sit on the frame mounts. Not even close and it was a hair long for my 71. About 3/4” too long.
I think I’m going to reevaluate exactly what year Landcruiser this will fit on. Then I will relist with the correct information.

Who made this 1/2 tub? Being off sounds like a SA built part which have had plenty of complaints about measurements being off. I do not see any holes to mount the rear sill to the frame. Factory would have four body mounts across the back up to 1/79. After that would have two very difficult body mounts built into the rear sill. Earlier would hav bracket above them to support the top of the sill to the bottom. Floor is definitely pre 1/79. E-1/79 bodies mounted the same way on the frame. All I am saying the gas opening and floor fit 9/73-1/79 FJ40. 1/79 the way the body is built and mount changed completely. Gas tank was under the tub and floor was one height with a simple corrugated ribbed floor. The gas fill opening was also square versus rectangular space from 1/79 on.

Who made this 1/2 tub? Being off sounds like a SA built part which have had plenty of complaints about measurements being off. I do not see any holes to mount the rear sill to the frame. Factory would have four body mounts across the back up to 1/79. After that would have two very difficult body mounts built into the rear sill. Earlier would hav bracket above them to support the top of the sill to the bottom. Floor is definitely pre 1/79. E-1/79 bodies mounted the same way on the frame. All I am saying the gas opening and floor fit 9/73-1/79 FJ40. 1/79 the way the body is built and mount changed completely. Gas tank was under the tub and floor was one height with a simple corrugated ribbed floor. The gas fill opening was also square versus rectangular space from 1/79 on.
I believe you are correct on all accounts. I bought the half tub from Land Cruiser Heaven back in 2014. At that time Frank was having body panels built in Columbia and shipped through Miami to the final destinations. If you can search the archives, I posted in detail the buying process, worth reading. It definitely is not OEM, definitely aftermarket and would have required lots of drilling. I actually trusted it was the correct half tub, and attached it to the front half of the tub. When I went to set the entire tub onto the frame, it was a no go. So I cut the half tub off again, sent Land Cruiser Heaven specific measurements, and it wasn’t long before they sent me a perfect, fitting half tub. They were going to use those measurements for future specs. They were not aware of any differences in body mounts or frame throughout the years.

Okay then big question…

What’s the chance you would be willing to ship? I know it’s a lot of work to do correctly.

I’m looking for a new tub for my 77 project to save countless hours of work. And the price fits my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom