Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome!
Wow! Two new people in one day.
What color's your 40? I think Yashica may have seen it around.

She's Rustic Green with a white hartop & doors. I bought the 78 FJ40 just for that top and doors they are mint. found it in cave creek. I've just installed the HFS 8274 bumper ( i'm wiiling to trade a 78 front disc brake axle complete w/warn hubs for a used but still working 8274) and bought the HFS 1.5 ext shackles. I am saving up for the HFS 3" lift. It's got some kind of .5" thick add a leaf in the leaf pack now but still has the classic lean. If anyone is interested I have the back 2/3 of a 78 tub free to good home. Rear sill if rough, quarters are semi rough but uncut and the wells and floor pan is all there. I have the front cowl section two very clean zero rust.

Would you be interested in selling the front axle outright? If so, what would you be looking to get for it?

New '83 FJ60 owner in Anthem

Name is Brian and the Cruiser is an '83 that I got off Ebay. Had to fly into Salt Lake and drive it back last weekend. Ran perfectly!! :D

Got it past emissions this morning and will get it tagged on Monday. It's an ugly brown right now with rust rot around the wheel wells. I've got a list of stuff I'll be doing on the truck to get it up to decent looking trail rig / camping / exploring vehicle.

Looking forward to meeting the Cruiser family! I know accasbel already because we were both in the Arizona Xterra CLub and abused our X's regulary together.

Hey Bruno,

You have a reply.

Hey grrlscout89fj62, that isn't the same FJ 62 that was for sale at the "Sell Your Own Lot" off of 89A and 10th was it? I think I remember the price tag around 8k on that one.
Anyways, welcome! I'm sure I'll see you around town sooner or latre.

Hello AZ people,
Name is Mike and live in Tempe (incidently by the Sonic). DD is a white fj60 w/ full length roof rack, not the rounded corner conferr but the squarish kaymar. Start the thing 'bout 10x/day and it goes out on weekends too. Not the 62 w/ the ARB side rails that's also white that's always driving around Tempe, I don't have the side rails.

I also have a 40, but need some help working on it. Bought it from a guy that DD it, but it needs some parts and mechanic that knows LC chevy conversions. Hope to get it running better after I sell my patrol. As for now, my 60 gets driven a lot.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

Now, I didn't get my Cruiser off of Park Place. I got it in Anthem.

I did look at that 60 that's there now. Even took it for a test drive. Pricey though ... $10500, and would need a new tranny.

Mine needs some help too, but at least it was cheap! *cough cough* leaking transfer case. Ulgh. And um, squirrely brake lights, bum power windows, shot brake pads, etc etc. I still love it though.

Well, one thing at a time! Plus what fun would it be if you bought yourself a progressive project that was already done? 3/4's of the joy of owning a Cruiser is all the stuff you get to do first. But as long as the 4WD is operational, it's like a carrot on a stick in front of your face!!

Problem is, I know jack about fixin stuff. Luckily I know someone who does (well, some). She fixed the bum power windows yesterday - yay!

As soon as I get the Honda (yes, Honda) spruced up and sold, I'll have some cash to put into the new baby.

Do you happen to know of any shops around town that know anything about LCs, and won't rip me off?

I know a guy who's mostly into tune-up work, who could maybe be conned into other types of stuff. Other than that, theres supposed to be a pretty knowledgeable guy up in Sedona. Other than that, there's me, and I can do just about anything as long as I have a book.

I know a bit about 40s with SBC conversions.
Let me know what you need done.

hj60 said:
I know a bit about 40s with SBC conversions.
Let me know what you need done.
thanks, Jon

The 40 I bought was from out of town, and is an advance adapters kit w/327 SBC. The az state people said it needs a smog pump and air rail to the manifolds and a pcv valve from the valve cover to the air cleaner. 1975 cruiser w/ 68 or 69 camaro engine w/ rochester carb. No time to get to the j-yard and would pay for someone to put these parts on. May need a charcoal can for the rig also. Other than that, the brakes need adj since I have to pump them up and shoes are far really away from the drum.

mike

Thanks for the info RUSH! Looks like a lucked out. It wasn't my TC leaking after all, it was the front differential. My mechanically-inclined grrl drained out the sludge (looked like wet cement!), sealed it up, and put fresh in.

The next thing that needs looking at are the brakes.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a LOT of cruisers in C-wood? By my count, Ive seen, on a regular basis:

1 55
1 pea green 40
1 tan 60
1 tan 62
1 gunmetal 62 (besides mine)
1 two tone grey 60

And there's a guy who lives behind Park Place with about 3 in his yard. I'm not even including all the more recent ones.

Oh, btw, the guy with the 60 at Park Place came down with his price. It's down to $8500 now.

There are countless 60's and 62's. BTW what color is yours? I'll keep a look out for ya! What color is the 55 you see regularly? Mine's the white and red one. The guy who lives behind Park Place on 10th is Jeff Logan. He and his family are the ones headin' up to Flag with the rest of us this w/e. He's got the grey 55. So far there's 3, 55's in CW, and another few up in Sedona. I see 40's all the time, no clue who they are, except for the 3 that Jeff has.

My 62 is grey. The 55 I usually see is like a two tone faded aqua and white. I don't think I've ever seen yours. Oh and I forgot about the white 60 I usually see parked at Safeway.

The pea green (actually more olive) 40 belongs to a guy who lives off of 260. He's selling it. I went to look at it, but it was a tad too rusty for me, and I was more looking for a 60 anyway.

I later saw it at Park Place off and on. I don't know if he's sold it yet. Unfortunately, I forget his name.

The grey 60 at Park Place now belongs to a guy from VOC. I know another guy in Sedona who has a 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom