Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there, I'm Duane and I'm from Tucson.
Have had my 40 since high school.
It's sports a solid 2F with Downey headers, Aisen carb, and
rollin on 35" MTR's.

Hey I'm new in here,and lookin to do some wheeling.I live in the north west vally.I have a 95 ex-cab v6 ,with 31's for now,custom sas with 4 1/2 drop hanger some way long ford springs and a set of pro comp 35 xterain's in the making(work at a fab shop).should be a month or so befor the sas is done. I'd like to find someone to do a night run tonight or tomarow........fr42?????.....crown king????any takers ?? I get off work at 5:30-6:00 if anyone wants to go call my cell 602-330-5689 and my name is steve or on yahoo messenger sand_box81 or aim headhunter3300 ps my buddy that I normally wheel with sold his truck and got a motorcycle(stfu)anyway I realllyyyy wanna go like now...it's been too long

And I thought I had wheeling withdrawal. :D
Welcome aboard!
Which fab shop you work at?

Sand_box,
Welcome! I'm putting together a small run for this Sunday morning out near Florence Jct. If you're interested let me know.

well I'm going to Point of Pines(in the white mountains)(fishing & beer drinking) friday at 5am friday so I'm not gonna make the sunday run my buddy is coming home from korea tomarow (army been gone for 4 years) :cheers: but let me know on the next one cuz that sas is gonna be done soon,but i'll go before,and yea I'm havin withdrawls. :(. I work at foddrill fab we do mostly offroad race,prerunners,and sand cars,but I can make all my stuff 8)and other stuff on my oun time.whats the rating on florence junction?never been,but Crown king,and fr42 are no longer a challenge(I dont do bypasses)and I'm running open diffs,so I'd like to think I can pick some decent lines.but I'd love to get out asap. :bust:last trip :doh: but is fix'd.I was going up a nasty hill near indian springs.happy trails to ya.well not always the best lines damn berf joints. :D

ok I'm back It was a good trip I got 43 trout 4 of them browns the rest rainbows.but still have not been wheeling :( . night run fri sat sun??I really need to get out ttyl Steve

I got 43 trout 4 of them browns the rest rainbows :flipoff2:

Dam I guess you had a good time

If you are looking for challenging trails in the area is should be no problems with open diffs. Just look around at local club for ideas.

How do you like your Pro Comp Xterians?

Foddrills has a good rep you should be able to come up all kinds of trick stuff working there. Post some pic of your ride

Phil

[quote author=sand_box81 link=board=27;threadid=12639;start=msg164820#msg164820 date=1085627835]
well I'm going to Point of Pines[/quote]

Never been to the lake but have spent countless days exploring the whole area. My favorite place in the state.

the procomps arnt on yet 35's dont fit well on stock yodas,but I'm working on the sas tonight after i clock out :D .also those open diffs are not gonna be open for long.(lincolin locker untell I get my 5.29's) I'm gonna try an get a digital camra and take some pic's of the build up post um on here. I WANNA GO WHEELIN!!!! some one please contact me 602-330-5689 I need out Laters STEVE

Hey, I'm Doug and I've recently moved to the Grand Canyon from AK. There are actually a few cruisers up here in the boonies. I've got an 88 FJ62 with a 3" lift and 33X12.5 Cooper's. As I work in the Forest I do most of my 'wheeling in my work truck. Looking for some trips anywhere in the state. Any suggestions for the Coconino or Prescott areas?

Hola, New guy at the Grand Canyon, 88 FJ62 in the process of becoming a global cruiser. Ol' Louie has run the ALCAN highway numerous times and left tread marks all over AK, ID, OR, NV, and now in the process of AZ. With a few more mods we'll be heading for Honduras and beyond. Anyone want the skinny on trails around the GC let me know.

Curdog
88 FJ62 3" w/ 33X12.5 Cooper's (best bang or not tire on the market)
+-200k

Woah! One extreme to the other.
Welcome!
Once the fire danger is over for the year, all of the Coconino and Prescott seem to be great
wheeling. Not necessarily all that challenging (although I haven't wheeled much of either, so
I may just be missing out) but the views and relative solitude are amazing.
Are you on the North or South Rim?

My addiction

My name is Rob and I too am cruiser addict. There is no help for me so I have now given in to the dark side. I live in Phoenix, AZ, I have a 1962 FJ40. You can see some older pics at:

My Cruiser

I'm currently at the point where I'm ready to do the paint & body. Anyone out there that has any experience with that area, feel free to give me a shout. I will also be looking for a good paint shop too.

One last note:

My lasting unemployment has sort of put my addictions on hold, I often find myself staring at my cruiser, drueling, cleaning and hoping that I will soon get back to work. So if anyone knows anyone that is hiring, please give me a hollar. I'm experienced Computer Network Administrator & PC Technician. My resume can be found at:

My resume

Thanks for reading this

Rob

Hey, welcome!
Sorry about the delay in responding. New forum software doesn't alert us to new posts very accurately.
Nice rig.
Apparently you're in the right neighborhood for tech jobs. Keep looking.
Come on down to the Sonic at Thomas and Hayden tomorrow night. Get to meet some of us other addicts. :)

Hi everybody,
I guess I should introduce my self as well.
My name is Doron and me and my family (wife and 2 children) moved to Tucson 4 years ago. I used to do a lot of vehicle dependent expedition travel in the Middle East and the first chance I had I bought a vehicle just for that. My choice was a 99 UZJ100 which I bought new and witch outfitted for the type of travel we like to do (can bee seen on the 100series section of the Readers Rigs. First white truck). We traveled around the state and northern Mexico and can’t have enough. I also have a 77 FJ40 that I use as a local play vehicle.
Thanks, Doron.

Cool. Our first (I think) 100 series.
Welcome aboard!
Some other Tucson listers were talking about a get together. Might want to check that thread
out.

Hi All,
My name is Vic and I live in Chandler. I have a 1980 FJ40 just about stock no p/s or a/c. I have a 78 FJ40 for parts. I have had 5 five FJ40's in the last 6 years 2 to restore, 2 for parts and now my keeper the 1980 Hellenor. My last restoration was the army green 74 FJ40 you see in the New Orleans club Photo on CCOT. I would like to go to your meeting on the 20th. I like the idea of not just cruisers because I have had just as many yotas. Future plans 3B.....biodiesel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom