Intro: Purchased my dream Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening, this is my introduction post, I just purchased an imported 80 series from Uncommon Motorcars in Miami. I have used Ih8mud a lot recently to help answer questions I have had over the past month prior to purchasing. I want to thank all of you for having detailed posts that can provide potential new owners like myself with knowledge to help make buying decisions.

The truck is a RHD Triple locked, 1990 Toyota HJD81 Land Cruiser imported from Japan, with 78K miles on it. It has some fun features like the altimeter and factory center console fridge.
Before I take delivery it will be getting a Dobinson 2.5" lift with IMS shocks, and all the supporting parts. Some cosmetic adjustments like removing the front bash bar (not sure what its actually called) as well as 35" tires and new 17" wheels.

If anyone who sees this would like to help me out. I have been searching for other 80 series using 17x9 -12 wheels to see how it looks, unfortunately I have had little success in this search. If you have an 80 with this setup or know someone who does and could share some pictures I would appreciate it! I look forward to participating in the community! Below are some photos of the truck, before It gets all the fun bits.
lc2.jpg

lc1.jpg

I dig the color

Welcome to MUD.

Curious, has your JDM 80 been repainted ? You could check the color code, should be on the VIN plate/sticker on the drivers' door below the latch mechanism.

If you could post up all the letters/numbers of last line on the sticker/plate located near the bar code we could tell you what the original color was/is. Once you have a few more posts you can post up a photo of the sticker.

Wow, that's a handsome cruiser :clap:

Welcome. That’s a great looking rig !

Nice looking rig. Those wheels are very cool too. Don't put ugly ones on! haha Welcome!

It looks awesome! I dig the fender mirrors. Enjoy the ride!
Thank you! The mirrors are one of my favorite parts haha. I was test driving it last month and honestly I like them better than regular mirrors. Especially on a large vehicle like this, it allows you to see more of the road below you.

Welcome to MUD.

Curious, has your JDM 80 been repainted ? You could check the color code, should be on the VIN plate/sticker on the drivers' door below the latch mechanism.

If you could post up all the letters/numbers of last line on the sticker/plate located near the bar code we could tell you what the original color was/is. Once you have a few more posts you can post up a photo of the sticker.
Yes, it has been repainted. I am not sure of the current color code or the factory color. I plan on getting that info when I pick it up at the end of the month. I will update when I have the info.

Nice looking rig. Those wheels are very cool too. Don't put ugly ones on! haha Welcome!
Thank you! This is the plan based on some photoshop I did. Removing chrome front bumper guard, powder coating the rear ladder black, Orange delete on the lights, Turbo decals, Dobinons 2.5" lift, IMS shocks etc, 315/70r/17s and KMC GRS wheels. Down the road Ill be doing a roof rack or roof top tent, and some other overlanding gear. Debating on making the Toyota and turbo logos in the grill a bronze/copper color to match the VX limited logos on the door cladding.
F1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom