Inti rack alternative here in SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that I got your attention, I started this thread to solicite input on getting a local version of the Inti rack here in SoCal.

One with attributes that a Californian would use like;
-the ability to put surfboards on it (without interference, maybe by dropping the lights close to roofline and raising the rear cross bars a bit while lowering the fuel can cross bars)
-the ability to run Light Force 240's on it (i.e. needs bigger grille than Inti)
-the ability to use Yakima/Thule bike/kayak carriers
-spots to lay solar shower bags so they dont slide around
-spots for NATO Fuel cans (I like Inti's but not a flamable liquid right above my head) (safety issue incase of roll over)
-spots for water cans
-Hi Lift attachment points
-Shovel attachment points
-spare tire attachment point
-various other sturdy attachment points to tie other things down.
- Oh and to distribute the load better 4 feet per side versus Inti's 3.

What do you guys think? I for one don't want to send money all the way to Venezula when I know that a superior product could be made here.

Post up!

Last edited:
These are some great ideas, I like your thinking but of course it would have to appeal to more than Californians to be viable.

Do you know a shop that could produce this design of your dreams? I could ask around at work to find anyone that knows of something.

In my mind, for the LC crowd it would have to be a good balance of cost vs. strength, bias a little toward strength. Also shippable for a reasonable cost.

I would also suggest that it be low profile in it's unloaded condition to be as aero as possible.

I like it!

Dan.

Extreme Landcruiser XLC 80 rack

Now that I got your attention, I started this thread to solicite input on getting a local version of the Inti rack here in SoCal.

One with attributes that a Californian would use like;
-the ability to put surfboards on it (without interference, maybe by dropping the lights close to roofline and raising the rear cross bars a bit while lowering the fuel can cross bars)
-the ability to run Light Force 240's on it (i.e. needs bigger grille than Inti)
-the ability to use Yakima/Thule bike/kayak carriers
-spots to lay solar shower bags so they dont slide around
-spots for NATO Fuel cans (I like Inti's but not a flamable liquid right above my head) (safety issue incase of roll over)
-spots for water cans
-Hi Lift attachment points
-Shovel attachment points
-spare tire attachment point
-various other sturdy attachment points to tie other things down.
- Oh and to distribute the load better 4 feet per side versus Inti's 3.

What do you guys think? I for one don't want to send money all the way to Venezula when I know that a superior product could be made here.

Post up!

As a response to your post, I decided to post up my take on the roof rack design. I didn't want to spend as much $$$ as most companies wanted for them as well as they weren't very practical for my own needs. I decided to put my skills to work and develop our new company making hard parts.
This is what I call an "Everyman" Rack because it can both handle exploration duties as well as turning your rig into a fully functional work truck so you can make it practical enough to earn money to pay for itself.

Here are two versions V1 and V2, I am working on a third version V3. V3 will be ready by Pismo/Surf N Turf.

It is a modular rack so you can ad or remove options as need be. Here are the basics:

-Full length rack for hauling large items such as sheets of plywood, or a rooftop tent.
-Unobstructed front and rear areas for extra long items such as kayaks, 2x6x12 Lumber, Ladders, etc.
-Drop down front light bar to locate LED lighting such as AVO or others under your load (below payload height)
-Unobstructed view from your moon roof when the rack is not loaded.
-Strong enough to carry large bulky equipment and support materials and protect your rig
-Version V1 has 3 gutter mounts per side (fixed), Version V2 and V3 can have either 3 or 4 per side depending on your payload.
-Version V2 and V3 have doglegs on the gutter mounts for added support and protection against gutter crush.
-Version V3 will have a optional removable top front hoop if you want to forego long cargo capacity in favor of pre-runner lighting (will mirror shape of lower bar)
-Ability to order as you want, or add options later.
-Selection in powdercoat options 20+ standard colors if you don't want pigeonholed into black
-Version v2 and V3 have precision machinist clamps mounted into the center so the unit can be shipped via FedEx. V2 main platform weight (without options) is only 70lbs!
-Locally made in SoCal at a considerable savings over shipping anything in from another country.

Please give me your feedback :p
:cheers:

Here is XLC80V1:
DSC00156.jpg

Here is XLC80V2: (test fit, no mounts attached in pic)
DSC00769.jpg

Here is another shot of XLC80V1 at Toyotafest:
017-1.jpg

Last edited:
Extreme Landcruiser XLC80 Roof Rack

Here is v3 of the Roof Rack, a little variation on the drop down of the front light bar. Here you can see what it would look like if you mounted up giant lights instead of low profile LED's. You can still keep the lights under the side hoop top height. We will work on adding the accessory tabs and feet next.
XLC80RoofRackv3Lights.jpg

SoCal FZJ80 - Light bar on rack looks great. How high will the rack mount above the roof?

Also, do you need the gutter moulding black plastic trim on your "mock-up roof"? I need a set as mine were all mangled.

Speaking from experience. If the lights are above the windshield and past the frame you will get a ton of glare. If your heart is set on this, you need to build some type of light deflectors under the rack unless you want your dash board lit up like a christmas tree :D

We set the rack up so the bottom of the light bar is even with the top of the windshield. We didn't want it to be too obtrusive. It will sit just high enough over the roof to get your hand under it for washing the truck. As of cover panels for the sunroof area and a top hoop for lights- they would be modular options which you could add on request. If you want, just mail me what you would like it to have and I will try to work up a cost.

Clearance on Extreme Landcruiser XLC80 Roof Rack

Thanks for the compliments! It clears the rear OEM wind deflector with the hatch open or closed. The front drop down is even with the windshield:)

Does the low light bar go down further than the top of the windshield or is it even with it?
And it might just be the photo but the end of it hang past the end of the roof? Would a hatch with a deflector hit it?

BTW looks Hella nice! PROPS :cheers:

Cutting the Roof off an 80 Series

That looks good but why did you cut the roof off your 80?

This is our research into building a 80 series LOWrider... Muhahahahaha :p

Actually it is a roof cut off a shell that was hit in the lower quarter panel. I am keeping it for when a roof is needed for a rollover rebuild.

:cheers:

I know this is an OLD thread, but are these still available and if so how much? is there a newer version or is this the final version ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom