intercoolers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have been looking for a nice fit intercooler for the 80 series, to with the ATEB power rod mod, something like in these pictures:

here is a link to a web seller with huge selection of intercoolers:

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CXR&Category_Code=INCO

I think this on is perfect for the 80s (no winch in the front):
IC 0006-25

they have many piping kits as well, all seem at very good price.

80-intercooler 1.jpg

80-intercooler2.jpg

As per usual you douche's are a little late to the party.

Soon to emerge from the ATEB Skunkworks.. 1HD-TI!

DSC00039.jpg

OoooOooOOoo

Niiiicccce.

Badass.
My 74 is crying out for one. :grinpimp:

I just think they look terrible on an 80. And Lance thinks they are cool. Aesthetic preferences of a man who hasn't been laid since the Bush administration are suspect in my opinion. (sorry buddy, that season pass to the Vancouver Game Farm doesn't count..)

BTW- That would be the Bush the elder...

Graham has never seen a proper hood scoop done tastefully yet. There are too many in your face stuck on crap out there now a days, no wonder he has a low opinion. I would have rather save the real estate behind the grill and went with the water to air set up for the no hood scoop approach.
Air to water intercooler! http://emspowered.com/turbocruiser/IMG_0869.JPG[/QUOTE

BTW, The whole Bush statement is weak, not even worth a reply.

Last edited:
Well I have been waiting for you to obtain that subtle Subaru wrx sti scoop you were all hot and bothered about a while back before you joined the miraculous hydrogen quasi fuel cell whacko club.

Hey don't get all sensitive now.

Have you had a chance to check out any wheeling up there?

Last edited:
It wasn't a obnoxious WRX STi hood scoop it was from a Legacy GT you douche, stop exaggerating. Plus it worked out be $300 for a complete hood to cut up, but since your flaunting your money and throwing it around like you won the lottery, if you want to pay for it go right ahead.

No I have not checked out any wheeling around here, but I'm sure if you google it you might find something.

lol! I honestly thought it was the STI!! Yeah, I decided that the money I have been earning on the side as a lounge singer is better spent on an IC than the hair transplant as originally planned.. I was going to finance this by re-selling mufflers at a huge profit but my potential supplier backed out lol!

Jeff- This is rather a small intercooler so half of the trans cooler is unobstructed. I tried a Safari Intercooled 1HDT 80 and the lag was really bad. That one has quite a big IC core and a huge intake tract. John assures me that this intercooler will not cause any additional lag due to large charge air volume. The aim is more lowered EGT on the hills towing the M416 than all out performance. If I get more power out of it that will be a nice bonus- John assures me that there will be a nice increase there too, but we will see...

lol! Yeah, I decided that the money I have been earning on the side as a lounge singer is better spent on an IC than the hair transplant as originally planned.. I was going to finance this by re-selling mufflers at a huge profit but my potential supplier backed out lol!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Progress shots - The custom ATEB induction pipe should be worth a few HP alone!

DSC00088.jpg

Last edited:
overview...

DSC00089.jpg

old and new intake pipes

DSC00091.jpg

oooo, following the safari style top pipe.
I have been reading that the intake manifold is a big limitation to the 1hd-t
Now if a more open design was made it would open up a few more ponies....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom