Inexpensive partial DIY slider option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Live to ski,
I appreciate your comment. the angle of the pics looks like there is room but its not very open and I just tried to get my foot thru and could not (size 7.5) My boys are older and wear a larger size shoe. I will warn the wife but the skateboard tape is like 40 grit sandpaper and slipping off the bars is just not happening........

Nice job and thanks for write up.

Rustolium primer and Satin black from Home Depot.......

Sliders are done and they came out great.:clap:

bars and mounting kit $225
3.5 hrs mock up and weld $130
paint and primer $12
Welding to LX after paint $35
skateboard grip tape (on hand) 0
Total $402

View attachment 1513457

View attachment 1513458

View attachment 1513459

View attachment 1513460

View attachment 1513461

This looks great but i'm worried the front fender won't have protection when coming down from a rock, looks like the slider is a tad short. What other sizes do they come in?

I went with the 67 inch version and couldn't go any bigger as it would interfere with the front mug flap. TG makes a 78 inch version but those would have to be modified/cut down and make the mug flap unusable.......

Thanks to this thread i went ahead and purchased the 67" kit today on ebay, along with the 6 mounting plates. Paid 220 shipped for both so i think it's a great deal. I really didn't want to drop 1000 on a set of sliders so this was the other option. I won't be wheeling that hard, this is mainly used for my 5'1 gf to get into the truck lol

36830795965_876db4e1f9_b.jpg

Dan, my slider kit will come tomorrow, is there any chance you can measure the legs for me? From the slider to the base of the black attachment piece. Yours sit perfect and i thin i'm going to replicate this look. I can precut it and just take it to friend's shop and have it welded. Thanks so much.

I really doubt you can pre cut them I think there are to many variables at play and if you go to short well thats not a good thing.

FxF,
The 2 main ones are 6 3/4 in length. I definitely recommend fabing them on the spot as opposed to pre-cutting. you are probably ok to do the main ones but the longer front bar has a few angles to fit properly.

I need to go get a miter saw and put a metal cutting disc on it to get straight cuts then. I don’t think I can cut this by had and have it straight. Yea you’re right I’ll have it on the car to make sure it’s straight. My friend is not gonna like this lol but that’s what friends are for, burden each other.

Why would it not be straight ?

And its a welded connection so if its off its not a problem. I guess I should say it should be easy to cut it close enough with a cut off wheel for a welded edge. Some people can mess up anything lol

Yeah but it won’t be straight

I agree. Give it a practice cut first, but I think it should be no problem, close enough to weld. Especially with a 7” disc. I used to use a chop saw at work but several times in a pinch I’ve cut at home with a 4” disc no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom