In search of Paradise! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off if this in is the wrong thread, moderator please relocate for me. Thanks!

I am in search of a place that most likely does not exist...a remote, private beach camping spot? I have a 200 series LC and built my own adventure/off-road trailer with RTT. We have 3 small boys and 2 dogs. The boys want to go to the beach so we are thinking of taking the trailer instead of renting a condo/house. The few times we have camped in campgrounds I quickly realized we need more space so the kids and dogs can wander. I would love to find a place we can camp on the beach or very close to (within walking distance) that is secluded/private. We live in Georgia so anything in the southeast would be ideal but I'm open to other areas of the country. Again, I'm sure these places don't exist or are inaccessible but thought it might be worth a shot. Any suggestions?? Thanks guys!!

If it's legal to go to a place, and it's nice to get to; it would have to be AWFULLY hard to get to, to remain unused by others. On the other hand, there may be places that aren't extensively used in off season or perhaps just in the middle of a week. For instance Death Valley in the summer is less crowded than the spring ...but it got that "Death" name because it gets hot, and it's remote. In CA there is a section of the coast called "the lost coast" because there aren't paved roads in a huge section of the coast. I haven't been to it, but it's less than 5 hours from my house to some public beach camping there. Not "private" but generally under utilized during the week.

I don't know of anything similar on your coast.

If I lived where you live, I’d check out the Outer Banks. I don’t think you can beach camp, but in certain seasons, it’s under-utilized.

Thanks for the replies. Ive been searching too and things lead to the Outer Banks. It looks like you can ferry out to Cape Lookout National Seashore and camp right on the Ocean. I'll check out Carova beach too. Thanks!

As a youth, I visited OBX numerous times. Slept (illegally) on the dunes once. Neat experience.

Never heard of Carova. I may have to Google it.

Am I the only one wanting to see this rig and trailer he is tasking about? Post some pics.:D

20181009_152944.jpg

Do a search on "Cape Lookout NC". I've been twice. Very primitive and somewhat remote. Only a few park service cabins. No improved roads. Accessible via ferry service from Davis NC. Camping, campfires, dogs are all welcome on the beach. No fees except for the ferry ride.

It's called BAJA.

I went to outer banks (South Core Island) in Nov 6/7th 2018. I took ferry over with FJ40 pulling trailer with 2 kayaks. My brother had a pickup truck with RTT. We camped on island/beach with no-one within 2-3 miles. Primitive camping on beach. Mainly men fishing on south end of island. Cabins are at midpoint of island where ferry drops people off. You can drive up and down 23 mile beach and find your on free spot to camp. Dogs and kids would have lots of room to play.

I went to outer banks (South Core Island) in Nov 6/7th 2018. I took ferry over with FJ40 pulling trailer with 2 kayaks. My brother had a pickup truck with RTT. We camped on island/beach with no-one within 2-3 miles. Primitive camping on beach. Mainly men fishing on south end of island. Cabins are at midpoint of island where ferry drops people off. You can drive up and down 23 mile beach and find your on free spot to camp. Dogs and kids would have lots of room to play.
That is EXACTLY what I had in mind. Wife vetoed the Outer Banks due to lack of amenities such as power and bathrooms. So we are going to Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina. Baby steps! Lol. Maybe next time I can talk her into the OBX!

Haha! I have a love/hate relationship with my 200. She loves to eat cv boots and axles but other than that Ill probably hold on to her. She's taken me to hell and back and has a few battle scars but all in all I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom