In a nutshell, how would you describe the LC community? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel like the LC community is, mature. I work for Toyota parts dept and I see the customers who buy parts for their LC's- Doctors who use their 100 for Mammoth trips, older cats who have a crazy overland build, or just older people who still use them for every day commute. Its a humbling experience because I am pretty young (29M) and I feel prideful owning and being parts of the LC community. Like there's a level of maturity and respect behind a LC. And sometimes most people don't even realize a LCs capability and value.

That's just my quick take on the LC community and what I've noticed since owning my 100

Online community is excellent. This forum is awesome and there are so many great YouTubers posting DIY instructions.

IRL, no idea. I live in New England. Not too many LC’s around here. I did have a guy stop at a gas station to compliment my rig, as he had the same year. He offered some advice “don’t ever sell it!” So, I can only imagine that was God speaking to me in that moment.

This forum is a literal gold mine for DIYers. Between this place and youtube, there is almost nothing we can't fix or figure out.

Most of the guys here are pretty no nonsense though, you gotta have thick skin if you're new here. They don't suffer fools or people who are unwilling to help themselves (search and read threads before asking for basics).

IRL, I've only met a few other LC owners who have modified over stock, always friendly and complimentary of each other's rigs. There's a mutual respect for people who actually use their LC's in my opinion.

Only made it to one HIH (HIH7) before it was gone, but IRL this community is every bit as good as what you find here on the forum. That's a rarity. Great people from all walks of life.

Heading down Black Bear in the fog - some real pucker factor :D

Man Scouts (Instead of Boy Scouts)
That’s a good one haha

one word.....dedicated.
Got to be. Especially what I paid for my 100 series ($17k)

this forum and community never ceases to amaze me. Literally anything that can go wrong has already gone wrong, and someone has documented it on this forum. I am so grateful for this community, i wouldnt be a landcruiser enthusiast if it weren't for IH8Mud.
Awesome heck yeah

I’m always willing to chime in and also help with any questions regarding parts and parts availability, just shoot me a message. I take advantage and grateful for my job as a Toyota parts dept associate. Always give discounts to LC owners who walk through my door calling it the “IH8MUD” discount haha, Always puts a smile on there face.

Every LC/LX owner I've met is super nice, including the soccer moms/dads who may have no idea what their LX can do offroad, are also very friendly :D

I don’t think a “nutshell” could hold the community description. There is definitely a different tone or feel between the 60s, 80s and 100 tech forums. I would say those are three different vehicles that attract different characters. The one common thread is, there is such a willingness to help out fellow cruiser heads.

I don’t think a “nutshell” could hold the community description. There is definitely a different tone or feel between the 60s, 80s and 100 tech forums. I would say those are three different vehicles that attract different characters. The one common thread is, there is such a willingness to help out fellow cruiser heads.
Yup,

and those who have travelled through many of those "facets"

I worked my way up the 4Dr Wagon line from FJ55 to UZJ100 with 2 FJ60's and an FZJ80 in between.

Yup,

and those who have travelled through many of those "facets"

I worked my way up the 4Dr Wagon line from FJ55 to UZJ100 with 2 FJ60's and an FZJ80 in between.
I’ll be honest, while I’ll take a 100 over a 60 or 80, all day long….I do regret (and even admit, heart broken) not holding on to a couple 60s. 15 years ago a guy could get nice rust free examples all day long for less than $4k and really nice for $8-10k. I’ll never pay $30k+ 😔😔😔, they may be worth it but I’m ruined. If I was just now getting into them I’d spend the coin😁……and I have always wanted a 55 but never found one that screamed at me of all the ones I’ve looked at.

Generally speaking I would describe the first gen Tundra/Sequoia community (which I am/have been a part of) as broke d!cks. I came across mud searching for good 2uz information for a Sequoia and well, the rest is history.

Very true. I had the 100 series community in mind when I typed this out- My bad.

Generally speaking I would describe the first gen Tundra/Sequoia community (which I am/have been a part of) as broke d!cks. I came across mud searching for good 2uz information for a Sequoia and well, the rest is history.
Seriously, like that? Shame

The space balls stunt doubles of The 100 series community you say?

Got me all full of joy reading this and the lifetime of memories my kids and I have shared with fellow cruisers.
Just updated my membership so Woody can keep this thing going for a long long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom