Imported Chinese Rooftop Tents? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another note, I actually prefer the crank up type of mechanisms, I have heard that the pop up type can be troublesome as the pistons weaken over time and the tent won't hold taught. Plus IMO it is easier to crank it up from one spot rather than having to push it up.

I think the crank is the way to go too. Being on a SOA FJ60 it would be much easier to crank it up and down from a single point versus trying to get it to collapse down on the pop up version.

I think the crank is the way to go too. Being on a SOA FJ60 it would be much easier to crank it up and down from a single point versus trying to get it to collapse down on the pop up version.

yes, that's exactly my situation as well.....

just to add to conversation here is my favorite RTT, crazy expensive but looks really well made, good online reviews, just killer. If I ever plan to travel alot more in my lc, this is what I will get.

BunduTop

just to add to conversation here is my favorite RTT, crazy expensive but looks really well made, good online reviews, just killer. If I ever plan to travel alot more in my lc, this is what I will get.

BunduTop

My favorite too. I love the fact it is aluminum, just wish it had a manual crank.

So do you all think the $1500 is a worth the chance over a $2499 similar product?

I ordered one from a company that imported them from China. The tent was okay, it came in stained from the manufacturing process. The cover also looked okay after a year but the straps used to cinch down where done after 3 months.

I would second Tepui and or CVT. I have a CVT and love it. I want to upgrade to a sky view tent but the cost is what holding me back at the moment.

This is my second year using a rtt and awning which I bought from a chinese company called Sundaycampers. The quality of materials used is very good and overall very similar to my friend's more expensive Gordigear tent.

I bought this as a sample for a possible future bigger commercial order (still paid a sample charge over wholesale price) and the sales man asked if I wanted any logos on it and also said they mainly work for the australian market. I chose what colours I wanted it (tent body, tent flysheet, awning & covers), what brand zippers to be used and what accessories to be included.

Only one problem with it till now (hopefully only one ever heh); part of the strap that keeps the cover tight to the tent (when closed) has "stringed" along its width, but can still take tension when pulled/buckled.

Below are a couple photos of my set-up. Also got an annex room which i never used yet and a wind breaker/extension to go with the awning. Overall very happy with it!

IMG_20170902_164503.jpg
IMG_20170828_142816.jpg
IMG_20170824_190947.jpg

I imported 10 tents from Sunday campers a few years back 5 pop ups and 5 fabric , sold them all never got any irate emails about them either here is one I kept for me / one on left is mine with my logo one on right is ARB

IMG_8142.JPG

Their
SRT01S-76 RTT with annex and fox awning they sell. Just waiting on more info from them.
I’m interested in what they say. I’d be willing to give them a shot on one of their tents and a standard awning.

Got an email back from Sunday Campers. Pretty good prices for the stuff I want not including shipping. @Booch you have any more pics of your Sunday Campers tent and maybe a good review of it? At the prices I’m looking at it might make sense to do a bulk order if guys wanna hop on that train with me.

Got an email back from Sunday Campers. Pretty good prices for the stuff I want not including shipping. @Booch you have any more pics of your Sunday Campers tent and maybe a good review of it? At the prices I’m looking at it might make sense to do a bulk order if guys wanna hop on that train with me.

make sure you do your homework, ship fees, port fees, etc will add up

I know. That’s why it would make more sense to do a bulk order.

Tried to quote seems computer had a hick up anyways I will look through all my sunday camper stuff and look for pisc I took of it as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom