Illuminated door sills... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hear that all GX460s are wired for the front illuminated door sills... I also hear that only the 2010-2013 models were prewired and not the newer ones.

Can anyone confirm? I have a late 2021 (built 7/21) and would like to add these in.
Thanks.

Hey there! Yes, it's true that earlier GX460 models like the 2010-2013 ones were often prewired for front illuminated door sills. However, starting from around 2014, Lexus seemed to have changed this feature, and newer models might not come prewired. To be sure about your 2021 GX460, I'd recommend checking with a dealership or a trusted mechanic. They can provide you with accurate information on whether your specific model is prewired or not. Hope that helps, and good luck with your upgrades!

My 2013 has the illuminated front door sills and when I walk up to it with the key fob, as I get near it, the interior lights come on without having to touch the vehicle.
I do have the Premium edition.
I've been meaning to add puddle lights so when the interior lights come on when I get near, so will some lighting under my rock sliders so I can see what not to step in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom