Ignition Switch Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LongPlay

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello All - Anyone know what color the wires are to the ignition switch? 1970 dash mounted ignition switch. I have 4 post cylinder and find 4 wires loose in my field find project.
I searched Haynes manual but can't make out the color codes and t does not show positions.
Thanks for any help.
Color wires.jpg

Green wires.jpg

Cyliner rear.jpg

Appreciate It!

make sure you take NOTE , of the black PIN or STUD sticking out of the rear terminals of this modern , revised update OEM Ignition Key Switch above here , yours is broken off , or it might be a aftermarket older one ?

either way ALL toyota OEM male brass terminals part #'s and subsequent designs till now , DID have this feature , its called a " Interference key "

it is there so you can't flip the White Connector Plug that your truck did have at one point early in it's life , that is now missing ?

i can see clearly , due to your Excellent tech photos above , that your 1970 was factory equipped like i discuss above ....

see the below Tech.. examples of a text-book OEM correct set up , and how all the color coded tracer stripe wires are arranged too

- the simple re-use of these now bare old crusty oem terminals is super sketchy and your cheating fate if you mearly just push them back on , and say wrap it all up with black electrical tape ?

- examine the fact your key switch brass terminals each have a small tiny hole in them , then look closely at my first tech. image below .....

- the pigtail plug input connector set up i hand craft here at the Skunk Works Laboratory , is fitted with these most modern of possible OEM Japan Spec. Solid Brass ANTI-PULL-OFF locking tab types .......

- THIS IN THE only-safe WAY ......

matt

( 2 YAZAKI ) 1.png

1705153241653.png

1705153278164.png

1705153301911.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom