if not CDan, then where do you get your parts? (1 Viewer)

If not from CDan, then where?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I get some grease and an odd bolt or clamp from NAPA. The cats for the '92 came from discountconverters, I think. On CDan's advice, though. When Mr. Voodoo steers you away, you figure the dogs must go on a diet. Thank you, Mr. Dan!

A more puzzling question would be... why would you NOT use C-Dan?? Things that make you go Hmmm....

I usually use our local store called "Monument Car parts"

They have everything I would need and have a couple warehouses across the bay area.

Doesn't the WC guys have some kind of deal setup with one of the local Toyota dealers in SLC?

I used to order from Dan and occasionally still do. TAC has a deal setup with the KC, MO dealer which works out because they are close to the KC warehouse and of course shipping is free. Back in NY GCLC has something setup with one of the metro area dealers. Unless you're dealing with asshats as Doug mentioned you should be able to work something out locally with a club deal.

I order from CDan, unless I need it really fast, or if it's something tiny and I want to save him the PITA. I break the PITA rule when the local dealer can't figure out the parts I need, and I've ordered more obscure $3 items from CDan than I'd publicly admit.

Cruiser Dan is truly a parts guy among parts guys.....

On upgrade materials, I get most of the stuff from marine stores, as you know the quality is good.

CDan, CDan, CDan.

He is still less $ than my local dealers even with shipping. An I get the right part/parts every time.

If I couldn't get parts from cruiserdan, I would just grab them from any other guys from American Toyota, I guess :flipoff2:

I am leaving for Moab on Tuesday. I have to be in the store for month-end on Monday otherwise I'd be going up on Sunday.

I try and save up and order a bunch of stuff from Dan at once, but even when you call with a $40 order of small bits and need it overnight, he comes through and is nice about it.

I buy from CDan. Probably not enough to keep him smiling all the time, as I do occasionally ask him about obscure parts. Knowing that you are getting the right part is always a plus. He cracks me up on the phone. "That would be part number XXYYYZZ and your cost is $X.XX" When I call him I need it, and really at that point cost becomes irrelevant. And I don't know what the part number is, I just no that he knows what it is and will get me the right part.

I've found that CDan is quicker than my local dealers as they all get their parts from Portland and stock nothing. Also in calling my local dealers I've found a huge difference in price. One dealer was $98 for a clutch master and the other was $146 for the same part. The $146 dealer would give me 10% off. The $98 dealer would have it drop shipped from Portland to my house, but it would take 2 weeks. I'm over 50 miles from either of them. I ended up buying from Scott Tate at Toyota of Dallas for $76 and it was here in 3 days. Old timers will remember him. Nice guy and good prices, but having dealt with both him and CDan is the man. I guess my point is you might check your local discounts, they might not be as great as you think.

And he was really nice to my folks when their LX broke down in NM. He chatted with their service guy and they fixed them up. CDan even gave them the IH8mud parts price on the parts they needed.

And I even recommend him to Camry, Supra, Celica, folks. He has saved them a ton of cash too.

I buy all my Toyota parts from my local dealer.

No.... wait....

I buy all my parts from CruiserDan.

Local Dealer.... CruiserDan.... Local Dealer. Best of both worlds. Your poll sucks.

:D

-B-

I buy all my parts from CDan or Ralph Hayes toyota in SC. They offer the same discounts as CDan and I can usually save a bundle on the shipping/waiting. SC is a lot closer than NM :)

I give Cdan first attemp, then I go to www.ToyotaPartSales.com ...!

The main reason I go to Cdan first; knowledge and experience.

But, I don't receive any discounts from anyone, so I am not that committed to one or the other......

I hope that doesn't offend anyone......

:beer:

Local Dealer.... CruiserDan.... Local Dealer. Best of both worlds. Your poll sucks.
:D

-B-

Yeah?? Well...YOU SUCK!

No, wait, you've helped me out a lot, you don't suck...YOU SAYING MY POLL SUCKS SUCKS!

And actually, it's turning in to props for CDan. It kind of sucks that you can just run down the street and worship the Shaman while the rest of us do it long distance. At least it's toll free!

Your mom goes to college! :grinpimp:

I typically get general stuff for the 80 and my wife's Highlander from GO Toyota as the Parts Manager is a friend of the family and he gives me the same discount as Dan. If I were going to a ton of parts I would order from Dan as he knows all of the part # and 0 tax and cheaper shipping is a better deal.

I'm from Canada & I've compared price here & with C-dan & it's cheaper even with the shipping & handling. I'll be ordering my parts soon for my front axle rebulid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom