Icon Jump Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

My rig (9/75 US Spec FJ40) didn't have jump seats when I bought it. I'm about 75% through my frame off, and my wife is insisting that I install jump seats because she thinks they're cool-looking. Who am I to resist?!?

I've gone down the research rabbit hole and I'm pretty shocked by the prices of beat up/dented/pitted used seats on one end of the spectrum, and restored seats on the other end (there's a seller on ebay asking over $2k restored for the short style jump seats!!).

I see that Icon offers reproduction jump seats:

And I can still get seat covers and an OEM strap from the usual landcruiser vendors. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think ICON might be the most cost effective solution.

Does anybody have experience with these seats? I need to verify with ICON that they bolt up to an OEM tub and will accept OEM style seat covers. If I have to pay an upholstery shop to make seat covers then in all likelihood this won't be cost effective after all.

Thanks!!
Peter

Saw during my nightly reading...

I dont know if this helps, but from the classifieds For Sale - Seattle FJ40 jump seat frames $350

Thanks! I saw those both on here and locally on craigslist. They're pretty rough (tweaked, dented, and pitted), and only $100 less (plus tax/shipping) than the Icon units. So I'd rather get something in new condition.

Saw during my nightly reading...

Awesome!!! so helpful, thanks. I searched but didn't find that. Funny- the OP on that thread is also the seller of the item @ATLTJ posted. so apparently he and I think similarly- that given the condition of his old seats, we'd rather just buy the ICON units. Looks like off-the-shelf upholstery will work, and they'll fit in an OEM application.

I bought a set of nearly perfect '78 short jump seats locally for $150. They are out there. Just takes patience.

Awesome!!! so helpful, thanks. I searched but didn't find that. Funny- the OP on that thread is also the seller of the item @ATLTJ posted. so apparently he and I think similarly- that given the condition of his old seats, we'd rather just buy the ICON units. Looks like off-the-shelf upholstery will work, and they'll fit in an OEM application.

:poof:

Just saw this. It will be a while before I can install and use them, since I have a ways to go on my build. I have CruiserCorps seat covers. They did fit, but not perfectly. I had to fold them over a bit because the hinge area was different than stock seats. See:

CAWtnY3VQ4SqFyTX1eaFfA.jpg

Overall very pleased with how they turned out.

4k8Mg1GMQvGWqNmXVYexQQ.jpg

:poof:

Just saw this. It will be a while before I can install and use them, since I have a ways to go on my build. I have CruiserCorps seat covers. They did fit, but not perfectly. I had to fold them over a bit because the hinge area was different than stock seats. See:

Overall very pleased with how they turned out.

Nice- really appreciate the follow-up! Glad they worked out for you. I'm going to follow in your footsteps.

I have actually been curious on the fit of the covers on those frames. I think if padding was a little thicker they would do even better.

Curious how if the brackets line up to the bolt to the factory tub?

I have the Icon frames and just recently purchased the covers from you @Cruiser Corps (they are on their way). I may mess around with padding thickness and will let you know how it goes

Yeah. I do wish I had thicker padding. Definitely post up your results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom