i want to install cluster dimmer switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good morning/evening every one,
am have GX 2007 its come without Dimmer i want to install it , what the parts i need it to make dimmer works !?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I did buy the needed part used (you only need the dimmer) and its easy to attach the existing panel , and the connecter that fits the dimmer control was even present. BUT somewhere there is a connection (of course) that overrides the dimmer control (making the cluster full light with or without the dimmer control) and I haven’t found that short yet. But on the other hand haven’t used much time to find it

Maybe a jumper in the dimmer harness or plug? I imagine the dimmer is an analog rheostat and vehicles without the dimmer get the lighting circuit connected to 12v (or 24v?). I could be completely wrong however...

Maybe a jumper in the dimmer harness or plug? I imagine the dimmer is an analog rheostat and vehicles without the dimmer get the lighting circuit connected to 12v (or 24v?). I could be completely wrong however...
I was really hoping for a jumper in the connector/plug - but no - too easy for Mr. T. The jumper is somewhere else. And yes it is a simple rheostat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom