I need the community.Please help me Desmog (Pictures!!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving home the other day and heard screeching and noticed smoke... I fried a belt because i believe my Smog pump is sized. I confirmed this by getting new belts and fired it up and heard the noise again and watched as the smog pump pulley did not spin but the belt was.

From lots of reading i am still having trouble figuring out on how to desmog my 1977 FJ with 2f.

I could really use a step by step blow on simple terms on how this procedure needs to go and what i need to purchase to make it happen.I have looked at diagrams but am still not quite sure.Here are some pictures that maybe someone could mock up to help me with instructions. Thanks to all that help me get this puppy back in driving condition.

IMG_0439[1].JPG

IMG_0435[1].JPG

IMG_0438[1].JPG

IMG_0436[1].JPG

IMG_0437[1].JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

This is what I did to my '77. After a carb rebuild and this desmog it's running better than it ever has. But I don't recognize your carb at all. It doesn't look stock to me so I'm not sure this diagram will help you.

Gary (@sggoat) has a '77, with a Weber... But, I don't recall whether he desmogged his.

Gary??

Also, @subzali desmogged and desmogged his '77... But, I don't think he has a Weber. He does have a thread about desmogging.

@Weber Sarge is a Weber expert... Seems like he has a '77.

You better listen to Pin_Head - he knows stuff.

Yes, I like pin heads advice on this one too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom