I H8 Fires! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the insulation from the hood fell on to the top of my engine causing the insulation to set fire. There are special wires under the intake manifold that got burned. The only code I have is 41 which is for the Throttle Position Sensor Circut. Anybody ever been under the intake manifold before and would be able to show me what I'm going to have to replace? I get better gas mileage... 92 fj80 l6 4.0

sorry to hear about your fire - hope it wasn't too bad?

Unfortunately I can't help with your question (beyond my knowledge) but your post has reminded me to sort out my pad.

Hope someone can chime in and help you out here?!

Water put the fire out. Now my Truck will stall in reverse sometimes, and gets better mpg.

I may have burnt some important wires.

Don't let it scare you too much. If it's in an isolated area then you are lucky. If they aren't accessible then remove the throttle body and if needed the intake plenum. Then carefully cut open the loom and inspect the wires carefully. The PVC coating will be melted or bubbly from the heat. One by one just replace those wires using butt connectors. If you don't have the room then use the uncoated splice connectors then carefully wrap. It takes a little bit of time but it's not that difficult.

Last edited:
Stalling in reverse.... Check for a cracked intake hose. Might be a coincidence, with the fire, but my 80 would stumble or stall in reverse, due to a torn boot.

Glad the fire wasn't worse, and no one was hurt.

Cool, thanks! I'll be checking it out this weekend. It looks like there's a couple sensors( two in the middle, under the intake manifold) that might have been roasted. Are those the throttle position sensors?

Water put the fire out. Now my Truck will stall in reverse sometimes, and gets better mpg.

Gets better MPG?? Maybe I need to set fire to mine.

There are special wires under the intake manifold that got burned.
There is no such thing as "special wires". Please post pictures of the effected area.
Code 41 is the throttle position sensor. Look for burnt insulation and effect repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom