I got off my a$$..or..Pigwald gets naked (progress report) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the props....Saturday was the killer elbow day (pain arrived at o'beer thirty)....a s*** load of block sanding with 180. After that, it was pretty much down hill. After the second round of priming, it was all done with 240 on the DA with a soft pad on her to ease over the curves and a fair amount of scratch padding in the really tight spots.

It brings me up to 4 cruisers, missing from the pic is (my daughters now) red FJ 62 ... She sighed yesterday when she came home from school and saw that pigwald was a 4 speed. Maybe this will give her the needed push to learn to drive a stick. Anyway, I think I'll hold there with 4 cruisers at least for now. Hmmm, my other daughter is 14.... two years till the next cruiser :cheers: Was thinking probably another 62 for her.

One more little update for those who may be interested...re: the color code issue discussed above. Turns out that code 267 as stamped on the plate...showed up in the bosses puter however no available formula to mix the paint. We ended up calling BASF (that's all the boss shoots/mixes) to see if they could go into archives for the formula. They did the research and got back to us. 267 is a code for two tone, it then references two colors 854 (blue) and 012 (white). Seemed easy enough, the formula popped right up in the bosses puter for 854, but 012 came up in only two of the BASF paint lines. The boss didn't have them...he mixes all Diamont. Not to worry, I recalled that I squirted the two tops I have for the 40 with 031 and I kinda like the little creaming/yellowing down of the white. Done deal.

Last edited:
no, i dont have a spec sheet or anything. its all .120 wall. bottom part is 4'x2', the middle pieces are 2'x2', and the top is 1.5' round. i am thinking of re-doing it. if shipping doesnt kill you i'd sell it cheap.

Let me look into shipping...I'll check the grey dog and a buddy of mine just shipped a 750 Honda Interceptor motor strapped to a palate using forward air for ~ $80. Also, I will be touching down Pheonix for an hour next Friday (change of planes) on my way back from Portland. I wonder if and how bad USSCAIR would hit me up for it.

if ya wanna look into it or talk further PM me in advance, i'll need to cut it off the frame, its welded on my pig. im sure UPS or FED EX can take it too, its not that heavy, if you need overall dimensions let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom