I finally get the shop I have wanted for too long (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After traveling a couple of days this week I took today off and made some progress in the shop. Tomorrow 👸🏻and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary so no play time in the shop.

I finished this wall to the 8’ mark and then I went back to hanging joists.

5B572727-23A3-4396-88E6-C54EAF95E25B.jpeg

That looks really nice, classy shop there! Happy Anniversary, little wine and some take out in the new space, what could be more romantic!
Thanks GB! We spent the day in antique shops. We didn’t spend much money and we both enjoyed the day.

The joists are all in! Now I get figure out how to build stairs. I have seen it done a few times but I have never been the t-square jockey. I have been watching a few videos on the subject. Some are more helpful than others. I need to make some measurements and calculate the rise and run. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I would like to have a small landing at the top but with just over 9’ of run, I don’t think that’s possible.

DF6D45C1-D239-45F9-B927-FAFB381196CE.jpeg
6DAC3F9A-BA46-48D5-9A75-1EE73B464B87.jpeg

Nice that you’re moving along… I built a short run of stairs for our deck 15 years ago. It never seemed a bit steep and no one ever had problems. Now that I am older and a bit arthritic, the rise on these steps is feeling a little challenging. Especially going down Like a waddling duck….. Just keep it in the back of your mind when planning. I can see that these will need to be replaced this spring. That aging stuff seemed to happen so fast

The Mrs. took this picture the evening after the eclipse. My new favorite night time picture of the shop!

EDF37B92-AB54-4EC7-9512-85046D7FD1E6.jpeg

I finally remembered to take a picture of the weekends work progress. I found a door Saturday at my local Restore. It’s been a long week and it’s only Tuesday.

679C9E50-A714-477A-AABA-3182D2A8298B.jpeg
4AD6B33A-A741-4B28-9C01-EB0A4C82BF3C.jpeg

Ha! I found the same doors at my local architectural salvage and put them on my shop!

IMG_4551edit.JPG

1500 miles apart… in an attempt to make a profit, the door company made more than 1… go figure. Sorry, couldn’t resist

Ha! I found the same doors at my local architectural salvage and put them on my shop!

View attachment 3169198

We have the exact same ones for interior doors in our barndominium apartment. Wife likes them, so we will probably get some for inside the big house as well.

So all three of you have the same doors? And your not really neighbors where you’d walk into the same supplier….someone needs to buy a lottery ticket.

It is a pretty style…not seen anything like that around these parts and I do frequent places like these

1500 miles apart… in an attempt to make a profit, the door company made more than 1… go figure. Sorry, couldn’t resist
Just that we both found them at "salvage" places and ended up using them on workshops - where most people would just use a common slab or panel door.

After vacuuming leaves today I worked in the shop for a few hours. I cut a 4” hole in the back wall to mount an external vent for the sand blast cabinet. Then I hung a few more sheets of tin. One more 12” wide piece and all of the downstairs walls will be covered in the shop area.

77658DFC-18F3-4A98-93C5-3F91FC537236.jpeg
9CE89852-87B7-4959-9A5A-F5FB50F67C3F.jpeg
B66B4840-BAD8-447B-B349-6F5BA704A826.jpeg
476F0EE2-9870-49DA-A8C7-D45FE6BD41AD.jpeg

The inspector finally got around to inspecting my framing for the mezzanine. I do not know how she got up there. But I had to get her down 🤷🏻‍♂️

A6323F62-2115-4B4C-99F2-2EFF1A909E5B.jpeg
7D72CF4D-1305-4765-921A-584BD583599B.jpeg

@Michael B does the exhaust for your sand blaster get a powered vent or is it vented by the pressure inside the cabinet? Mine just has a port but does not seem to vent quickly enough. I’m thinking of using an old shop vac without the filter to blow outdoors

The vacuum system will attach to the vent.
@Michael B does the exhaust for your sand blaster get a powered vent or is it vented by the pressure inside the cabinet? Mine just has a port but does not seem to vent quickly enough. I’m thinking of using an old shop vac without the filter to blow outdoors

All interior walls in the shop area are covered.

Hopefully this week I can get some wood purchased so I can start building the stairs and decking the mezzanine.

5DA20AB7-BE56-4D9D-BEDA-5E9FD91E209F.jpeg

If you use a cyclone with a bathroom ventilator you will have better ventilation with less noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom