I am yet again bringing you a Head-gasket rebuild thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good. Be extra careful with the injector o-rings as you put them into the head and the rail. It's really easy to pinch one and end up with a leak and then you get to remove the fuel rail again. Ask me how I know... Use some Syl Glide on the o-rings to lubricate them and prevent the pinching.

Looking good. Be extra careful with the injector o-rings as you put them into the head and the rail. It's really easy to pinch one and end up with a leak and then you get to remove the fuel rail again. Ask me how I know... Use some Syl Glide on the o-rings to lubricate them and prevent the pinching.
I did this exact same thing

Cheers appreciate the tip! This is getting some Supra injectors with decent o rings still but that have been sitting for quite a few years now after picking them up from landtank, but I’m going to swap the o-rings with the new ones from the engine gasket kit will use some syl glide!

Wondering if anyone would be able to measure these lengths of hose for me? I wasn’t thinking and disposed the old ones too early
CFB1D61B-68B3-40B8-9DE8-F4F64799B851.jpeg

Another question, do people think I should prime the cooling system beforehand? Like fill up the block and rear heater before I install all the hose?

Not necessary

All gates green line 5/8 and 1/2” line and breez #10 clamps. What a pain in the behind!
A6F9781C-C148-4E30-9816-00DC9C7B97E1.jpeg

92F412A7-1BE8-45C8-A002-AA9FADEEEF05.jpeg
813FC01F-F008-45EE-9635-7BC14F4C1D77.jpeg

Couldn’t find a pre-bent 1/2” hose for this rear heater like but it looks like the gates green should work, it’s not crimping itself too badly.. haha
9C0ABBE8-FA30-4B38-9F28-9D0E4A8C0DBF.jpeg

New plugs per Landtanks recommendation that I saw on this form. Little anti-seize coating and then some dielectric Grease on the plugs, torqued to spec
B1AF9074-1BEA-4D86-AB7E-3FA0F7727341.jpeg
1568022C-3BD8-4CFF-8E67-DABB6D59EC85.jpeg
D9B54C0E-A092-4200-842A-ACE7016E299F.jpeg
590BDEFE-299C-49E7-8039-1401054C4137.jpeg

Looks great! Nice clean work with the tape, clamp orientation and valve cover.

Tekton torque wrench?

Thanks appreciate that!

Correct tekton.. cheap but honestly impressed with it so far... I also have a acdelco digital adaptor thing to check for backup

Yeah I have the same one. Cheap, well made and excellent warranty.

I have and wanted to continue using craftsman but the quality went way down hill after they started making them overseas.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah I have the same one. Cheap, well made and excellent warranty.

I had and wanted to continue using craftsman but the quality went way down hill after they started making them overseas.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks appreciate that!! Ya super impressed with it, and amazing price! Didn’t think I needed a below 50ftlb torque wrench but I’ve been using it so much!

Curious what opinions are on Loctite on certain studs and nuts into the engine? Ex. Oil cooler or intake manifolds...

Personally I would not use any, in fact I'd use anti-sieze. Steel studs into aluminum can corrode and bind up. I've not heard of studs or nuts backing off on the items you mentioned. I used a bit of anti-sieze on all fasteners that went into aluminum when I put mine together.

Personally I would not use any, in fact I'd use anti-sieze. Steel studs into aluminum can corrode and bind up. I've not heard of studs or nuts backing off on the items you mentioned. I used a bit of anti-sieze on all fasteners that went into aluminum when I put mine together.
Cheers appreciate the info, it honestly says nothing in the FSM, except for the head bolts, so I was just kinda going with that, but a little anti-size couldn’t hurt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom