Hydro assist ram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they were saying the speed difference is the ratio of rod to bore, not length
Thanks for the replies. Going with the RHD steering arm would have lots of room to work with but wouldn't that put substantially more pressure on the DS knuckle compared to the push and pull more evenly distributing the force when its on the tie road? I am not worried about clearance behind the axle because I am not running sway bars.

This is not a daily driver but it does get driven to the trail so I would like it to have decent road manners. Is there a difference in response between a 8 and 10 inch stroke ram?

The rod diameter of that ram is too big, no? The difference is like 1.75:1 in push vs pull

Fwiw and ymmv, I ran that exact ram on my D60 with stock cummins pump and tapped 80 box under my 80 and never noticed a difference between directions on road or in the rocks. I've since stepped up my game to a 2" ram (swivel eye surplus center ram) and a psc pump, if I was nose down in big rocks I'd have to really throttle up to get it to turn, and sometimes clutch bump it. I will say whule the price is right on the surplus center rams, the swivel eyes have a lot of play and while it doesn't matter that much, itd be nice to have a ram with heims, too rich for my pile though.

Either way, not that I disagree, less surface area = less force but I never noticed it.

ordered the surplus centre 10 inch stroke ram. my reservoir is also leaking badly, other than another oem one are there any suggestions?

ordered the surplus centre 10 inch stroke ram. my reservoir is also leaking badly, other than another oem one are there any suggestions?

PCS makes a great ones .. double the capacity with filter ..

guys doing any mods to the pump to increase performance?

Have everything on order except for the lines, fittings and mounts. Going to add a tube/fin style cooler as well.

Your going to need a bigger boat.

Pic 86 of my foo build shows my reservoir. I used some tube, maybe exhaust to add about 3 inches to height of reservoir.

You need much more volume for that big ram.

It was a bunch of work to tig it together and not have leaks, so I would buy that PSC with filter next time.

Ordered the big PSC one. My resevoir leaks badly so no point trying to make it work.

:bounce: :popcorn:

Ordered the big PSC one. My resevoir leaks badly so no point trying to make it work.

Great decision. Sounds like you are on your way!

Hey, I recall having problems finding stop collars, I looked all over, and finally found them on Amazon. So much wasted time.... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom