Howdy - First Post with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh, and your avatar had me going. Looks like something I used awhile back. That was a spectacular event.

IMGP1943_crop_sm.jpg

That was the total solar eclipse last August. Some friends of mine took many great photos of it in the Wyoming area. My wife and I were planning on going to western Nebraska, but one week before the event, I had a rt eye detached retina, and had surgery to fix. That was a 2 month recovery and I had to keep my head down for one month, yeah,all the time. It really was a pain in the neck. So, we missed actually seeing the eclipse. I am going to see the next one in 2024 ( I think) in TX and the midwest.

I just ordered the owners manual, thanks.

Hi Jeff - Evan here - Welcome to this crazy group! I have a '93 80, same color as yours, but it's quite a bit more beat up. It's been a lot of fun. I've had it since 2003. I would second Marc's comment about sliders. They are a good addition for protection of the lower body between the wheels.

Hopefully I can get my Cruiser over for the breakfast on Saturday. Look forward to meeting you in person.

Thanks , Evan. Hope to see you at next's weeks breakfast. Do you have sliders, and if so, what brand do you have. I am considering several different ones.

The power button in my 80 is tied to my Flux Capacitor and nets me another 15 jigawatts of POWA!!! I installed mine in the cargo area, behind the drawiers. Don't need no stinkin' turbo or a V8 when I got this bad mamma jamma.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

I got my 1996 owners manual in today. Thanks for helping me find one. Now I can read my self to sleep each night. I will read and reread the power /2nd button section until I am an expert. I did try the power button while driving around on the street. I can tell the difference in the shifting. It is one "bad mamma jamma". Time to go to the drag strip and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile.

I got my 1996 owners manual in today. Thanks for helping me find one. Now I can read my self to sleep each night. I will read and reread the power /2nd button section until I am an expert. I did try the power button while driving around on the street. I can tell the difference in the shifting. It is one "bad mamma jamma". Time to go to the drag strip and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile.

Hard to believe for you non-80 folks, but the PWR button does make a big difference in acceleration, just by moving those shift points higher. Of course, the price to be paid is at the gas pump. I am sure pressing the magic button takes my normal stellar fuel economy of 14-15 mpg down to around the 11-12 mark. I should just pay a fuel tanker to follow me around.

Hard to believe for you non-80 folks, but the PWR button does make a big difference in acceleration, just by moving those shift points higher. Of course, the price to be paid is at the gas pump. I am sure pressing the magic button takes my normal stellar fuel economy of 14-15 mpg down to around the 11-12 mark. I should just pay a fuel tanker to follow me around.
My '95 Camry also had the power button. That is how I new about it. And even in that little car it killed my gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom