How to get around the dreaded Inspection of a Lifted FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I live in Ma. and they frown on wheel spacers, tires sticking out and most everything. Any good "tips" to get around the process, besides having a buddy that owns the garage? Im on a 5 in king lift and 1 body wth 345/75/16s and spacers(which Ill remove for insection) But Id like to know how you boys get around this topic.

Throw some stock or smaller tires on for inspection? I have other ways I get there....... but even if you have to throw some 2wd tires/rims on?

Reactions: RFB
When you show up to inspection looking like this, they may look at you with suspicious looks.

image (1).jpg

I'm in favor of borrowing (at worst) - semi respectable gear to get your sticker/stamp.

Or keep the entire inspection-ready gear to bolt back into for your times when Johnny Law makes his reasons important in your world.

Aside from that the only foolproof way past invloves either bribes or blackmail, both are heavy work when all the deal is just a lifted 80.

I have the same garage do all my work AND the inspection. He's putting in the items that are in question. That way he's okay with the work and looks the other way. I give him all my work (I have 7 cars and trucks) I pay and don't haggle on price (his pricing is always fair)

You can get around it by moving to a free state... Az doesn't much care what you do as long as it doesn't hurt someone

Install a lowering kit so they don't fail you for being lifted?

9498_10152609455117621_1783718573143215971_n.jpg

zip tie spring compressor = pure genius!

Where in Mass? I never have any problems North of Boston. I have scraped a rejection sticker off and went somewhere else and got a pass, it all depends on the guy.

If Nahant is correct, go to USA Speedy next to Indy Auto, there usually pretty good

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
Where in Mass? I never have any problems North of Boston. I have scraped a rejection sticker off and went somewhere else and got a pass, it all depends on the guy.

If Nahant is correct, go to USA Speedy next to Indy Auto, there usually pretty good
excellent its 21 yrs old so emmisions shouldnt be a prob, even tho scan guage has zero coeds, its the tires sticking out and sometimes they bust balls over steel bumpers like on my jeep

Install a lowering kit so they don't fail you for being lifted?

9498_10152609455117621_1783718573143215971_n.jpg

OH SNAP!! They could of at least used Black Zip Tie's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom