How many of you actually utilize your 3rd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use the 3rd row almost every day.

I've got three kids, and it seems one of them always has a friend along.
They also claim the fold down screen is best viewed from the 3rd row.

I removed my third row three weeks after purchasing. That would be exactly 5 days ago. They are in great condition and do plan on using them. I do appreciate the extra cargo space with them removed. Your position when you do sell would be better with one still equiped.

4th of July weekend i jerry rigged a old confer roof rack to my rig and 6 of us went to baja for the weekend and went camping and such!

It sure helped being able to cram everyone in their which equated to more $ pitched in for gas and tolls! :D

I plan on using my 80 for snowboard trips and such too where 5-6 adults (at least on paper) would be coming! Definitely need the 3rd row!

I will remove mine and re-install when needed! I would never sell them though!

my .02

Use them a fair amount, pulled out the middle and the rear seats last week so I could haul a front and rear FJ60 axle. The guy I bought them from was very leary when I told him I was picking them up in an 80 but it was no problem.

Most of the time my third row are out, wrapped in trashbags and stored. I love the fact that when the time comes, every once in a while, my 5 passenger, DD, family hauler, very capable trail wagon can very quickly transform into a 7 passenger "bus!" I would not have bought one that was missing the rear seats when I was looking!

Third row, belts & hardware all the came out the day I acquired the truck, and have never been back in. Kept it all in storage though; can't hurt the resale value - tho in reality, I'll probably be buried in this rig.

Also, I run most of the time sans the second row as well, especially on trips. It really increases the storage capacity for camping & hiking gear. Since there are no kids here to haul around, running without seats is no big thing.

It is interesting to hear about the diversity of the group and how everyone uses their rigs.

R -

I use my third row seats to hold down my Sequoia third row seats in my garage.

I have never used them and I have one of Christo Slee's African Outback Drawer System in that space.

Removed for spare tire carrier.

I used to have them in there, strapped up to the side, just because they were they came with the 80. Never really used them too much, only on occasion. The velcro kept getting loose resulting in the seats banging around so I took them out. They are in storage now and will more than likely stay there until we need them. But I wouldn't sell them.

I would hang onto them if you have the room. It looks like they can bring a pretty penny if you find the right buyer though.

Derek

I now have 2 sets of 3rd row seats; usually stored but they get used like Brent mentioned.... hauling boy scouts.

The truck only had 1 seat when I bought it. I contacted the PO and he said he thought he had the other seat somewhere. After nagging him for a year I gave up and bought a set from an LX450 off of e-Bay. After another year, the PO told me he found the missing seat and told me to come pick it up.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom