How many of you actually utilize your 3rd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess I must be different. I had them out for a while but then I realized it was much better for me the other way around. I removed the middle seat, and usually leave 1 sometimes 2 of the 3rd rows in. Better cuz the 3rd ones are much faster to take out or put in, and it's always kids in the back anyway.
This way I can sleep in the back easily and transport longer stuff.

Pulled mine out about a month after I bought the truck. They are now in storage in the basement. Got a funny story though. My 5 year old niece liked to ride in the third row seat and she called it the "trunk". While in line at the grocery store, my niece asked me in a loud voice, " Ohh, can I ride in the trunk again?" LOL the cashier looked at me funny and I had to explain what she meant by the trunk.

e9999 said:
I guess I must be different. I had them out for a while but then I realized it was much better for me the other way around. I removed the middle seat, and usually leave 1 sometimes 2 of the 3rd rows in. Better cuz the 3rd ones are much faster to take out or put in, and it's always kids in the back anyway.
This way I can sleep in the back easily and transport longer stuff.

FWIW, I only use the driver's and passenger's seat, if a third person wants a ride, well they can just flop around in the back with the milk crates.

Oh and what of this word resale that was mentioned, what does that mean? :D

Ours came out, went back in, came out, went back in - for various trips etc.

Now I just leave them in and folded down. My four year old daughter loves to ride back there.

I rode in a third row seat with the second row folded up in front of me on a trip so Icould stretch my legs. Not too bad actually.

I removed mine a couple years ago and will not likely install them again. According to CDan the hardware for the 3rd row seats are pretty darned expensive to replace -- just a FYI.

In the wife's 450, the 3rd row seats get some use, but only when we're hauling some of my daughter's friends. We used them once for adults...but it was only for a mile or two.

It depends on what you plan on doing with your truck. And for resale, it depends on who's buying your truck -- not everyone needs (and therefore looks for) 3rd row seats.

Mine mainly serves as a family minivan; so I'd say 3+ times a week.

RWD said:
Pulled mine out about a month after I bought the truck. They are now in storage in the basement. Got a funny story though. My 5 year old niece liked to ride in the third row seat and she called it the "trunk". While in line at the grocery store, my niece asked me in a loud voice, " Ohh, can I ride in the trunk again?" LOL the cashier looked at me funny and I had to explain what she meant by the trunk.

LOL .. that's hilarious!
thanks. i needed a good laugh.

Having the 3rd row seat is the only reason why my wife accepted that I buy another cruiser... They will be used a lot.

Love my third row; they see use all the time, since I have 3 little girls. A great option to have. And when you don't need em, you can fold em down, put them up or take them out completely very easily.

If you're sure to never use them, at the prices they're going for you could hang onto them and then sell them anytime you needed some extra $$$...

Used half of the third row last week guiding my family around AK on Vacation. Gear was all in Drybags on the roof-rack, had a thermoelectric cooler where the other half of the third row should be. Everyone commented on how great a ride the truck had, ate up the crappy alaska roads even with 5 adults/1 thirteen y.o. in it. Only thing that would improve it would be to back the third row up more. Another 6 inch's of leg room and it really wouldnt be bad for the avg size person. We just had the short people rotate thru the rear seat as the trip progressed.

Bought the Cruiser last November. When I drove it home for the first time, I took out the third row and it hasn't been in since.

I have had my 80 for about a month, and the first week I had it we had visitors so the 3rd row was used a lot. But I built some enclosed drawers that take up the rear floor space so the 3rd row is in storage and likely to stay there as it will now be an hour job to put them back in. We bought a used Montero almost ten years ago because it had 3rd row seats (couldn't afford an fzj80 back then, even a used one) and used them all the time, but both my kids now do their own driving and we are not shuttling half the soccer team all over. If you have young kids I would keep them.

They are out now but when the grandparents come to stay they go in.

Those seats are only good for midgets or dexterous children willing enough to crawl back there.

I use them every day. I removed the second row and left the third row. My boys have mucho room in their car seats and I never get kicked in the back. The 3rd row was one of the top reasons I could buy a lx instead of a minivan.

I don't even have my middle seats in 90% of the time! I didn't buy mine to haul people, so the third row came out the first week of owndership (11 months now) and have not left the closet.

Anybody need some???

Drawers over seats...until the grandkids come to visit!

Don't use the 3rd row daily, but I keep one seat in so the little one can climb back there and jumpseat it when we are offroad (he's normally constrained to the car seat in the middle row). I'd yank them, plastic bag them and put them in storage. I know I have a lot of other stuff I'd throw out before I threw the seats out.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom