How many KM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased this nice 1981 BJ40 in Central America with a Diesel engine.
Previous owner wasn't sure how many km the car had. He only put about 1k in the last 2 years and he bought it off an elder lady who he thinks was the original owner.
Dash says 27k kilometers, but we're not sure if it's 127k, or 227k since the cluster only goes up to 100k.

Is there any sort of wear or signs I can look for to see what the actual mileage might be on the truck? If this 27k km is the correct number I think I might have just landed on a crazy nice car.
IMG_9219.JPG

Here is a picture of my cousin hauling it back home with his diesel swapped Toyota Pickup.

IMG_9217.JPG

Being restored would be really hard to find anything could use to nail down as to how many KMs. The rear wheel wells have been redone. Shape is different than the stock wheel well.

Your odo is a 7 digit one so it goes to 999 999km.
I don't think your truck did a full turn but the odo could have stop working at some point or had been reset.

That is considered a six digit odometer. White is tenth of a KM. Only goes to 99,999.9

Being restored would be really hard to find anything could use to nail down as to how many KMs. The rear wheel wells have been redone. Shape is different than the stock wheel well.

That is considered a six digit odometer. White is tenth of a KM. Only goes to 99,999.9
Yea, the plan is to restore and rebuild the engine. We did notice some bondo in the back so we'll try to take care of that. Chasis looks very clean otherwise.

Look at the picture again, it's an odometer from the last years of production, they went from 6 to 7 digits. There is a "0" in front of the "27612.2".

Old 6 digits odo:
1597186078956.png

Newer 7 digits odo:
1597186121734.png

Look at the picture again, it's an odometer from the last years of production, they went from 6 to 7 digits. There is a "0" in front of the "27612.2".

Old 6 digits odo:
View attachment 2401070

Newer 7 digits odo:
View attachment 2401073
So if every checks out and no issues with the cluster and it wasn’t rolled back, technically it could have 27k km?

So if every checks out and no issues with the cluster and it wasn’t rolled back, technically it could have 27k km?

Please show us a picture of the engine compartment

Just confirmed. Odometer does not work so mileages is unknown. Will try to rebuild the engine or put a new one in it with the restoration.

Bwahahahahaha
Just for the record, I does happen. I bought my 82 in 1994 off a little old lady who lived next door. She used it to go hunting with her dog up behind her house in VT. 😄

I just purchased this nice 1981 BJ40 in Central America with a Diesel engine.
Previous owner wasn't sure how many km the car had. He only put about 1k in the last 2 years and he bought it off an elder lady who he thinks was the original owner.
Dash says 27k kilometers, but we're not sure if it's 127k, or 227k since the cluster only goes up to 100k.

Is there any sort of wear or signs I can look for to see what the actual mileage might be on the truck? If this 27k km is the correct number I think I might have just landed on a crazy nice car.
View attachment 2400961
Here is a picture of my cousin hauling it back home with his diesel swapped Toyota Pickup.

View attachment 2400963
he flat towed that? cool and ballzy....weighs
more than the truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom