How i approached Rebuilding Restoring & Refreshing the HJ61 NON-USA Full Floating rear axel in my 10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK w/ a MTM conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ToyotaMatt

Are Stainless Zerks worth it ?

when Alfred the White asks the questions he already has vast knowledge of , he does not get a reply ....

indeed-gandalf.gif

71Nxk0frtZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61P1gGiAONL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71V-+82JVkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61mVzTpkWGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

giphy.gif

I probably wouldn't use stainless. The regular zerks are nice and soft metal which makes them easy to drill out if they get snapped off

Genuine YAMAHA Stainless Steel Grease Nipples , Japan Spec. ones , do not snap off like there weak and simple carbon steel cousins ,

this a a JDM Parts topic that is clearly supported by scientific metallurgy analysis since POST WWII when TOYOTA Japan , Founded YAMAHA and there in-house Engine 3

Designe Entity ......

DSC_1539.JPG

index44.jpg

- NEW , FRESH , all JAPAN Spec. Parts Rear Propeller Shaft Installation update :

- its been a few weeks since i installed the freshy Rear Propeller Shaft that A1 Drive Shaft in Baltimore Maryland crafted to my exact specs. and they did NOT dissapoint !

- this is most likley at least the 20th or more , Land Cruiser and other Random TOYOTA 4wd ANYTHING propeller shafts they have done for me since age 16 in 1990 circa. The owner Will and i are thesame age , and i remember my dad driving me there as a teenager and young adult when my 12/78 FJ40LV-KCJA usa spec. needed any love or attn. in this topic in general .

i have also had a few various PTO front and even a cobbled together REAR SOR parts sourced Propeller shaft work done there as well in the past too ,

bringing your own parts you like or choose into the equasion in through the front door at drop off day , is also NO PROBLEM in any way .....fyi

- summery :

- GHOST is back on the Shop Road-Runner Roads around town for the time being , and NOT being in H4 with the AISIN / ASCO Dials in 4x4 24/7 as my ONLY means of local ONLY propulsion is a huge relief , ill just say that .....

- it truly feels i went from MANUAL Steering to OEM TOYOTA Factory POWER STEERING overnight , that is the best comparison i can honestly and accuratly give to describe just thias and that ...

- i DID do a TECH video REELS shorts as always here to document for future generations and folks right here right now today or tommorow as well too ......

- i will post them below later tonight ......fyi

- but for the mean time here is how i felt this past friday night after Road-Runner'ing out for din din carry out GHOST style .....:D:beer:

this spur of the TEq-Moment shoot from the hip , done in 1 single take 1 take sums up my above in this thread post , bottom line .

Last edited:
reserved for TECh Video propeller rear shaft :

and ..............

1685573770057.png

Last edited:
update :

all well at
62 bells ....

the final end product results are as of now issue free / NO issues at all .............thank god :rolleyes:
new OEM stock height rear shackles kit from @cruiseroutfit / cruiser outfitters last detail still to be done .....
i have OEM non-usa LSD factory decals now offered in the store , it was a MUST have for me , infact i put on on the front side of diff too ...... thats how i roll
more is better on that little guy ,,,
thanks to all who chimed in ,
i hope this step by steps approach FSM and my little T-TEN add on's help to Empower others that if my first ever Rodeo a Full floater axle can come our both perfection level status mechanically and cosmetically too ....?
then anyone anywhere can do this same koolness too .....
i had phun learning a new skill sets ,

on major take away : PULL WHOLE AXLE from truck , build the triangle blocks in shop work bench do at stading level and on a shop stool
kneeling down , laying down in cold , wind and rain to make MANIFEST happen here did
BLOW and SUCK in the end of day honestly , let my hard learned lesson i know better now of course save you the pain and suffering 😆
the job will go much faster too

my # 1 words of wisdom here on that ....
..is dead serious . no joke ....
thanks for your support as always
matt

:):wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom