How do you mount stuff on the prinsu roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the prinsu rack installed on my 200, and do like it. I am however curious how to best mount my hi lift jack and 2nd spare. Granted I could just use ratchet straps but I'd prefer a hardware answer. I'm curious what you have mounted on your prinsu and how you went about doing it.

Well that was a one sided conversation, my prinsu rack is in route so I'm prepping my mind for the install and any additional things I may need to add. Almost a year so so how do you like the rack and any changes you made?

Last edited:
The original question was pretty broad. I was trying get an idea for how people with the prinsu rack mount various items. There are huge prinsu Tacoma forums I found with the exact info I was looking for.

PrInSu Design Studio Roof Racks BS Thread

I went to Home Depot and found bolts that slide perfectly in the aluminum t slotted slotted rails. Some washers and nylon locking nuts and I have options for mounting a lot of stuff.

Overall I like the rack a lot. I’ve mounted a 40” led bar on the front wind deflector, I have led lights on the side and two diffused led cubes facing rear. I’m planning on welding a Jerry can box and will mount a waterproof case.

iSeries 3614-6 Waterproof Utility Case

There is a lot of hardware used to assemble the rack. I’ve found a couple loose screws. I’ve had 1 screw head snap off when I was trying to move one of the cross bars. You can get more aluminum t slot cross bars for cheaper here. I’m not sure the correct size though haven’t remembered to go measure one.

EX-1020-BLACK – 1″ x 2″ x 47″ Smooth T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion for Prinsu Roof Rack | TNUTZ | TNUTZ

I know prinsu is working on a hi lift jack mounting solution that I was told will be ready sometime this year.

The original question was pretty broad. I was trying get an idea for how people with the prinsu rack mount various items. There are huge prinsu Tacoma forums I found with the exact info I was looking for.

I went to Home Depot and found bolts that slide perfectly in the aluminum t slotted slotted rails. Some washers and nylon locking nuts and I have options for mounting a lot of stuff.

Overall I like the rack a lot. I’ve mounted a 40” led bar on the front wind deflector, I have led lights on the side and two diffused led cubes facing rear. I’m planning on welding a Jerry can box and will mount a waterproof case.

There is a lot of hardware used to assemble the rack. I’ve found a couple loose screws. I’ve had 1 screw head snap off when I was trying to move one of the cross bars. You can get more aluminum t slot cross bars for cheaper here. I’m not sure the correct size though haven’t remembered to go measure one.

EX-1020-BLACK – 1″ x 2″ x 47″ Smooth T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion for Prinsu Roof Rack | TNUTZ | TNUTZ

I know prinsu is working on a hi lift jack mounting solution that I was told will be ready sometime this year.

Thanks for posting the solutions you found!!

Sometimes problems get solved in the background and the solutions don't make it back onto the forum.

Great info.

Hoping you are healthy and thriving in the boondocks, sir!

Thank you indeed. I mounted a RTT and was trying to figure out how to mount an awning and that TW thread had the answer. Thanks!

I've got the Prinsu awning mounts showing up today. I'll snap some pics of them tonight or tomorrow.
for the high-lift I just used generic mounts and some stainless bolts/nylocks from Lowe's.
I did find a pretty cool shovel/Axe mount on Ebay. had to paint it and add some rubber tubing to the shovel handle to keep it secure, but it held up well through last years moab trip.
SummerTrip2017Favorites-45-X3.jpg

All good info thanks :cheers:, I'm planning to add a RTT and Awning I did see they had the awning mounts available. I like the tie down eye rings they offer I'd like to have a few sets and keep them handy but I saw @ckkone found a similar solution (posted in his build thread) for them and will go that route.

Has anyone mounted any lighting to the side of the their Prinsu rack for area lighting around camp? I'm thinking about mounting up a light on each side of the rack but want something that is along the side, not along the top of the rack surface. If you mounted a light to the rack, what brand did you go with and why?

TonyP, was thinking the same. I want to see how far they mount off the side of the rack. I know it's not far but I'm curious before buying.

Rigid makes a 1"x2" 65 degree spread "scene" light specifically for trailer sides. they are rated at 1100 lumens.

1x2-Scene-Light-Black-2.jpg

there are ebay clones rated at 500 lumens that seem to be better for close up "softer" lighting.

I have a pair of the cheapo clones, just haven't mounted them up yet.

Has anyone mounted any lighting to the side of the their Prinsu rack for area lighting around camp? I'm thinking about mounting up a light on each side of the rack but want something that is along the side, not along the top of the rack surface. If you mounted a light to the rack, what brand did you go with and why?

These are Maxximas. Super diffused, even a little more so than the rigids. Technically half a bright as the rigids lumen-wise, but real world they seem closer. Way cheaper too:D

IMG_6518.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

I'll be damned, those are freaking perfect. I've never heard of that brand. How long have you been running those lights? Any issues with weather seals?

I'll be damned, those are freaking perfect. I've never heard of that brand. How long have you been running those lights? Any issues with weather seals?

They end up on tons of first responder vehicles. Truth be told, they did have an issue with the first run of lights' potting silicone. They did change the potting silicone and these have had no issues since. These are "real" lights so legitimate USA warranty and customer service. I had a couple lights leak but keep working; they were replaced right away.

Those do look pretty damn decent. Plus they're only $35. Not too shabby.
retail is much less, I think less than $25 but amazon sellers mark them up

I have cheepo kawel lights on the side of my rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom