How bad is your gas mileage? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Combined MPG for me is 11-12MPG (dash readout) not adjusted for the 34" tire size.... rolling around at a svelt 7400# with maybe 15 gals of fuel. With me in it laden with fuel (65 gals) that # is likely just north of 8K#'s.

I drive somewhat like a hyper-miler being easy on the truck on the highways and roads so I think my current combined is the best I'm gonna get. I also live at 2100ft elevation so that plays a factor in reducing my mpgs. When i lived at sea level my mpg even at the same weight was typically at the 13-14mpg mark.

When I tow my camper trailer on the highway I typically see 9-10mpg.... the aux tank keeps me away from the pump for at least 3x longer

I know it's only 100mi into a tank. But the best I've seen. Been cruising at around 60mph

So did 160mi before filling up. Based off the pump I did 23.6mpg
20190425_144306.jpg

Last edited:
Combined MPG for me is 11-12MPG (dash readout) not adjusted for the 34" tire size.... rolling around at a svelt 7400# with maybe 15 gals of fuel. With me in it laden with fuel (65 gals) that # is likely just north of 8K#'s.

I drive somewhat like a hyper-miler being easy on the truck on the highways and roads so I think my current combined is the best I'm gonna get. I also live at 2100ft elevation so that plays a factor in reducing my mpgs. When i lived at sea level my mpg even at the same weight was typically at the 13-14mpg mark.

When I tow my camper trailer on the highway I typically see 9-10mpg.... the aux tank keeps me away from the pump for at least 3x longer

That is really odd. At higher altitudes, less fuel burns, which should relate to better mpg. I moved from 900 feet to 2100 feet and seem to get a tad better mileage. It could be that you are using a lower octane at higher elevation (due to the lower level of air pressure) and the reduction in efficiency combined with heavy weight makes the engine work much harder, reducing your mileage or may have more hilly terrain?

On 315/70R17 BF Goodrich KO, struggling to reach 12mpg during normal mixed use, offroad in 4LO (need to use a lot more often with the bigger tires on it) 7mpg is not unusual. GCC spec has standard dual fuel tank, total volume approx 36 gallon
Recent addition of a full size Frontrunner roof rack has not helped things improve...

Last edited:
Well I went from stock height and stock tires to a 3 inch lift and really aggressive 285/65/18's and it lowered my mpg about 1mpg or less. So I'm really happy so far.

Last edited:
When I used to drive my LC my MPG avg was 12.5, with the wife she is averaging 14. I am heavy on the pedal sometimes 😊

Its really bad, especially with a trailer. Stock 2016 avg 9.5 with mixed hwy/city and 5-6mpg with lightly loaded 12ft dual axl trailer, I'm sure my heavy foot does not help, but thinking about buying a gas station.

IMG_5089.jpg

Stock, 14.5 mixed driving. With BP-51s, nearly the same, but slightly less. RTT drops it to 12.5. With mostly highway driving, I've achieved as high as 16.5 with the lift. I baby the throttle most of the time in order to save on gas.

Lowest I have seen is 12.2 around town (lots of sitting and slow stop and go) and the best I have seen is 18.9. 2019 LX570 with 33's, average overall is 15-16.

Lifted 2011, 34” ridge Grapplers, roof rack, sliders, storage drawer and fridge, driven daily approx 50 miles.

I get ~13mpg in town and 15~16 on the highway, assuming i keep it under 75. Like other member posts, the mpg loss between 75 and 80 is substantial.

I live right at sea level also, and find that i get much better mileage at elevation.

Finally, the conservative mileage computer is a constant annoyance for me. When the light comes on i check the ODO and note that i can easily go 60 more miles of city driving. But i always wind up filling up before that because i hate the damn light being on!

Love the LC tho, even it it got 5mpg I’d drive it.

12.5mpg. Lift and bullbar in city traffic sucks.

So bad that I'm at 242,000 miles and I still don't worry about it.

For me, the positives overall far exceed the negatives for low MPG.

This x1000! Please no V6/turbo/hybrid, or any combination thereof! I want a gas-guzzling normally aspirated V8!

This x1000! Please no V6/turbo/hybrid, or any combination thereof! I want a gas-guzzling normally aspirated V8!

Sadly a turbo six is the future according to most. I think the 200's in general, but especially the late model 200's will actually go up in value when the 300 finally hits dealers lots for this very reason.

Sadly a turbo six is the future according to most. I think the 200's in general, but especially the late model 200's will actually go up in value when the 300 finally hits dealers lots for this very reason.
I highly doubt it enough to matter in the near future. Possibly 20-30+ years from now when both the 200 and 300 are “classics”. The same The reality is the vast majority of people never use the capacity of their 200 and in urban driving the MPG will be welcomed.

I highly doubt it enough to matter in the near future. Possibly 20-30+ years from now when both the 200 and 300 are “classics”. The same The reality is the vast majority of people never use the capacity of their 200 and in urban driving the MPG will be welcomed.

The last generation LC has always done well in value retention when the new generation comes out, I don't expect it to be any different this time around. Your typical LC/570 buyer isn't very concerned with fuel economy either, sure better fuel economy is a welcome change, but at what cost? A large majority of people can't stand the EcoBoost type motors, my father and best friend both ditched their Ford's and moved to Toyota and Ram because they just don't care for how the power is delivered. Sadly that style of power plant is likely the future and the direction most manufacturers will likely move towards.

I usually see these numbers:

Trail 8-10 mpg
Town (SoCal traffic) 10-11 mpg (not corrected for the 33”)
Hwy at 70-85 mph ~13 mpg
Hwy at 60-70 mph ~ 14-15 mpg

It’s a fairly heavy rig with front and rear bumpers, sliders, drawers, fridge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom