Homemade snorkels anybody? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$300+ seems a little steep for a plastic tube that looks cool. Anybody made their own? Would love to see some pics.

sure.........all i had to do was steal 3 backpack blowers :hillbilly:
pigsnorkel003.jpg

fitting for a pig, id want some tight forming for the 80 unless it is a beater. Then might as well go for the lil flexible rain gutter extenders. I did see a pic somewhere of a V80 w/ the snorkle popping straight up through the hood. With proper sealing gaskets id like it. 10-11 o'clock position on the hood, upper passenger side.

This is my stainless steel one that i made 4in stainless steel tube, work real well and my cruiser gets alot better air flow.
Sorry about the sun glare in the pics.
Reegan's pic's 5 028.jpg
Reegan's pic's 5 032.jpg

WOW!! Looks very clean and nice!!

This is my stainless steel one that i made 4in stainless steel tube, work real well and my cruiser gets alot better air flow.

WOW..That sure does shine!

Have you sucked up any small birds in that thing?

NICE! Looks like a big rig smoke stack.

I made one for the US drivers side, but it could just as easily be made for the other side. Other pictures in post #31 in this thread.

Bill
Snorkel-in-primer.jpg

Do you have any pics of how you connected this to your air box?

Do you have any pics of how you connected this to your air box?

I imagine he simply removed the resonator and piped it directly to the big fat opening in the back of the air canister.

I imagine he simply removed the resonator and piped it directly to the big fat opening in the back of the air canister.

Well yeah but you dont just slide stainless steel over that tube without a way to seal it do you? I mean I'm sure silicone or the like would work but I was wondering what he did.

Maybe reused the band clamp thing? :meh:

NICE, that give you Trucker Status! :hillbilly:

"Full Trucker Effect"

Well yeah but you dont just slide stainless steel over that tube without a way to seal it do you? I mean I'm sure silicone or the like would work but I was wondering what he did.

Hi,
Step 1- Drill the 100mm hole in the fender with a hole saw( very nerve racking, in fear of slipping:eek:) and elongate the hole to suit bend in stainless pipe

Step 2- Connect a hump hose (4in down to 3in to suit the air box) to the stainless pipe

Step 3- Conect the other end of hump hose to air box

Step 4- Clamp both ends of hose to pipe so its all water tight

Step 5- Use nutserts to hold the stainless pipe to the pillar

I hope this all helps sorry i have no photos at the moment.

Il try get a photo of under the bonnet to show the hump hose connection.

Thanks for the replys at first i was worried about the size but now i love it, and its even helped the fuel economy with the better air flow.

Il try get a photo of under the bonnet to show the hump hose connection.

Thanks for the replys at first i was worried about the size but now i love it, and its even helped the fuel economy with the better air flow.

The hump hose is what K&N and the like use to attach their cold air intakes to the open air box right. Where would one find something like that?

The hump hose is what K&N and the like use to attach their cold air intakes to the open air box right. Where would one find something like that?

I personaly havent seen the K&N ones so i couldn't say, but how mine is set up the 4in pipe lines up with the 3in air box pipe and only the hump hose is between the two, so nothing to restrict air flow.
I got the hump hose from a truck parts store, they use them all the time over here on trucks.

BLING BLING!!!! :flipoff2:

Clarkie, Who bent the pipes, or did you find them in that form for another vehicle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom