Home made tire carrier build up thread... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rezarf got it, just for rust resistance.

That spindle is awesome, every time i look at that thing i get all happy inside.

Steve-o, I think i am gonna try and stop by there on wednesday, I will see what's up and if lance is on vacation or something. He is a great guy, last time i was in there walked me around the whole shop telling me about all the projects and whatnot.
Done.jpg

Rezarf got it, just for rust resistance.

That spindle is awesome, every time i look at that thing i get all happy inside.

Steve-o, I think i am gonna try and stop by there on wednesday, I will see what's up and if lance is on vacation or something. He is a great guy, last time i was in there walked me around the whole shop telling me about all the projects and whatnot.

If you get a second can you gently remind him to check his voicemail and email? I'm stalled on my carrier with no hinge. Thanks. ...Steve

Got ahold of IPOR today after a week of trying (they've been moving shops) and ordered the hinge assembly and the compression latch for my carrier. Sounds like their latch is very heavy duty, lockable and pulls 90 degrees to the bumper to keep it tight and rattle free. ....Steve

Very nice build! I'm really impressed with it! Sure do like the way you mounted it to the frame...definately first class!!!

:beer:

i couldnt get some measurement of the hinge you got from iron pig as i would have to make my own it would probabaly be easier as i a good distance away in ireland ..ie: the diameter and lenght of the shaft and the hinge it self any measurments would help

Hey Keep the pics coming, want to see those cooler holders.

i couldnt get some measurement of the hinge you got from iron pig as i would have to make my own it would probabaly be easier as i a good distance away in ireland ..ie: the diameter and lenght of the shaft and the hinge it self any measurments would help

Shaft= 1.5" Diameter.
Length= is cut to size, mine is around 8" overall.
Hinge tube= 2" tube, .120" wall, 4" tall.
Bronze bushings

Hope it helps.

Rezarf <><

Rezarf, Do you have a part # for the spring pin? Oops, they're both the same.Thanks.

Oops.

Here is the part number # for the spring pin #90222A415.

Hope it helps.

Rezarf <><

Well after a year and half I am going to finish my tire carrier build :D

I am going to:

1.Add a small rack to carry a small cooler, and or, anything else I want to strap to it.
2. Raise the CB mount and run a removable CB antenna. I gotta get signal over the roof.
3. Mount for a highlift.
4. Telescopic mount for a rear work light as I am building a trailer and want to light it up if needed.
5. Add a few gussets to stiffen things up a bit.
That is about it. I am going to start bending a little tube tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom