Holly In-Tank Fuel Module For 3fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
I'm swapping a 2fe into my 71 cruiser. After a bunch of searing I decided to run the auxiliary fuel tank as the primary fuel tank. I seen a couple options for fuel pumps- but nothing that I'm impressed by.

My road race friends speak highly about running Holly fuel mats. I searched and found this really cool fuel pump retrofit kit:

Holley 12-130 Holley In-Tank RetroFit Fuel Module - Holley Performance Products

Has anyone tried this fuel pump with a 3fe or 2fe? I'm looking for real world feedback for a good option.

hey good find; the tank and pump are about the only piece missing of the fj55 to 3fe puzzle i'm building...your pump MIGHT be slightly overpowered, but not by much based on those specs. not sure the depth of our OEM tanks, but again, thanks for the link

I installed one of these.. Using the Aux tank with a flat top for the install In-Tank Fuel Pump Module - PA-Series
but.. I "Should have" used the stock 3fe fuel pump system with one of these on the bottom HydraMat - Holley Performance Products
if i have starvation issues i will modify my system to use a hydramat. I watched the demo on you tube over the weekend after seeing an advertisement in the bathroom reading selection.
On the other side of the aux tank in installed a generic fuel sending unit.
Apparently you can even add one with a side pickup for off camber extreme situations. Technology keeps changing, the hydramat looks WAY easier than trying to install a sump.
The Tanks inc feed and return went to AN fitting to the frame, hard line along frame with compression fittings, to AN to stock 3f fuel filter to intake. On one of the banjo bolts to the fuel filter i have a fuel pressure gauge
Russell Fuel Pressure Take-Off Banjo Bolts 640700
and plans (part is sitting there) to install another one at the banjo past the fuel pulsation dampner on the injector rail to monitor. Fuel Pressure Bolt Kit 22RE Fuel rail

The Holley system sure seems pricey to me, maybe check out my in-tank pump mounting kit, ebay #252496604117 & #262573391170.

s-l64.jpg

I decided to make the plunge and buy one of the retrofit fuel modules. Compared to other options, it seems to be a really well made part that is easy to install into my 40 year old fuel tank.

Upon arrival, I found the Holley 12-130 uses a Walbro GSS342 In-tank fuel pump.

Comparing to an FJ62 Pump, it seems to have a similar output (according to AirTex's website for part #E8023)

Walbro GSS342: 67 gallons per hour @ 60psi
AirTex E8023: 55 gallons per hour @ 60-95 psi​

I'll be installing it in the next 2 weeks - we shall see if it installs as easy as it seems. If you have any experience with the Walbro pumps, please let me know any relevant feedback on how the 3fe fuel system will handle the higher flow pump.

Photo Dec 15, 8 50 17 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 15, 8 50 45 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 15, 9 05 57 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Please document the install with lots of photos. I am a close to this stage as well.

Dyno

I've used the walbro units on my 1st gen Tacoma. Stock pump for the 03 V6 was 190 lph I believe. My OEM pump failed. The walbro stock replacement ran great, quiet. After I added the S/C and fuel mods, I needed an upgrade so I installed one of their 255 lph units on the stock pump holder/assembly. Was a bit louder but not noticeably so. In my experience, they have been very reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom