HJ60 build up/restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jan,
The truck looks fantanstic. I remember being at surf-n-turf two years ago and you were still in the planning stages- the truck has come a loooong way. Curious, how much boost are you pushing, and what are you egt's like?

Jan I like your panels.

I just put FJ62 inertia reels in my BJ60. I now need to make the panels. So yours gives me ideas.

How did you attach the reels? I welded a 3/16 plate on the bottom spot and used a 1/4 bar for in behind with bolts welded to it to act as studs. I will try to post up tonight.

Also how come you never used the clips that come on the belt assembly that hold the belt closer to the wall?

I post the pic later...

Jan,
The truck looks fantanstic. I remember being at surf-n-turf two years ago and you were still in the planning stages- the truck has come a loooong way. Curious, how much boost are you pushing, and what are you egt's like?

I am running 10 psi max, and never see egts higher than 1100 (post turbo).
thanks!
cheers,
jan

Jan I like your panels.

I just put FJ62 inertia reels in my BJ60. I now need to make the panels. So yours gives me ideas.

How did you attach the reels? I welded a 3/16 plate on the bottom spot and used a 1/4 bar for in behind with bolts welded to it to act as studs. I will try to post up tonight.

Also how come you never used the clips that come on the belt assembly that hold the belt closer to the wall?

I post the pic later...

I cut out the opening with a saw, drilled holes, and then bolted them in without welding. the metal seemed way thick enough. The threaded holes in the C pillar were there.
I did not use the clips, since they did not come with the 62 belt set I got off ebay...

cheers,
j

wow. great photos. I'll have to come back and reread with more time.
Good work!

Hey Jan..................

that is definitely NOT the Diesel 60 I've seen around...........it's an Orange body with grey primer spots.............and no Hi-roof(I'd remember that)

the search continues...............

BTW......................very VERY nice rig!

Nice Job!

Way coool! :beer:

Like a pit in the southern solution, could be a death trap if a tremmor hits, or a large industrial fan would not work well in the winter unless it was hooks to a gas heater :D
Michael

actually...
heat rises so a pit in the south would be of great advantage and a hoist in the north would mean warm feet in the winter...

Came across this thread in a search for factory converter. I can't see any pictures though!! Even the link doesn't work anymore. Is there someplace I can view these pixes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom