Wanted HJ47 engine mount brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I'm totally new here. I'm just looking for some HJ47 engine mount brackets. The parts that bolt between the 2H block and the rubber insulators. I'm helping my son put a 12HT into an FJ75 and these parts klook like they may do the trick. I may have to modify the RHS one with a welded on bracket to take the bolt from the power steering pump I see one guy in the states did that successfully. I'm willing to pay $200 for a set. I'm also willing to pay for postage from anywhere in Australia.

You want the 60/70 series brackets if it’s going in a 75. The good news is that the 60/70 series brackets are way easier to find than the 40 series brackets. I may actually have a pair.

The 75 has a 3F in it and the mounting brackets (the thing the bottom of the rubber insulator bolts to) welded to the chassis are fairly flat. We have the original mounting brackets for the 12HT which was out of a 61 I believe. The 61 brackets angle up a lot more than the 75 chassis mounts. Maybe clearer looking at the photo. That's Milo 2 (a 47 with a 12HT). We already have the bottom mounting brackets but the angle of the chassis mounts on the 75 look like the top bracket bolted to that engine.

Milo-2-engine.jpg

Ok, I found a 2H HJ75 engine mount adapter that looks like a a wedge designed to bolt to the chassis and take up the difference in angle between the engine mount brackets and the chassis. It looks like that's what I need. It also looks like I may also need a 2H HJ75 bellousing for the H55. Apparently the 12HT to H55 bellhousing is at a slightly different angle (gearbox rotated comparted to engine) in a 61. Would that be correct?

Ok, I found a 2H HJ75 engine mount adapter that looks like a a wedge designed to bolt to the chassis and take up the difference in angle between the engine mount brackets and the chassis. It looks like that's what I need. It also looks like I may also need a 2H HJ75 bellousing for the H55. Apparently the 12HT to H55 bellhousing is at a slightly different angle (gearbox rotated comparted to engine) in a 61. Would that be correct?

Yeah, you’ll want the 69/70 series 2H/12HT Bellhousing that clocks the transmission a few degrees. I have one if needed.

Hi guys, I'm totally new here. I'm just looking for some HJ47 engine mount brackets. The parts that bolt between the 2H block and the rubber insulators. I'm helping my son put a 12HT into an FJ75 and these parts klook like they may do the trick. I may have to modify the RHS one with a welded on bracket to take the bolt from the power steering pump I see one guy in the states did that successfully. I'm willing to pay $200 for a set. I'm also willing to pay for postage from anywhere in Australia.
I have this one mate. And other 2H parts. PM if interested. Cheers.

Yeah, you’ll want the 69/70 series 2H/12HT Bellhousing that clocks the transmission a few degrees. I have one if needed.
I checked with the guy I bought those wedge blocks off and our bellhousing it OK. Apparently the 61 and 75 both had the same bellhousing. The one we have is certainly clocked a bit anticlockwise looking from the front of the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom