Events/Trails HIH9 Trip Report (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to love this thread. For those of you who drove onto the rock over looking the valley for the poser shot, how nervous were you pulling onto the rock and ledge?

I did it last year and it helped that the spotter was in front of my truck, essentially between me and edge (just barely off to the side). That helped give me a sense that there was rock ahead of the front tires, still. Without that spotter standing there it feels like you're simply driving off a cliff for that last few feet. It's a little unsettling, haha.

I don't think this is one of those situations where the angle of the picture makes it way more epic than reality. On that rock, you really are on the edge of a sharp drop-off. Not a 1000' cliff, but still a steep descent for a long ways. It's an amazing view.

The true measure of any event that Brain and Heather attend is Stan the Dog's overall interest and enthusiasm. Stan looks completely disinterested in this photo but he secretly told me that HIH was one of his favorites. He also moved to the other side of the GX to peek out the other window but that photo came out so good that it'll be published. He looks bored, but his desire to get to the other window shows that he's just acting nonchalant. He loved it. Or, maybe Heather just smells way better than @woody? #stanthedog

Going to love this thread. For those of you who drove onto the rock over looking the valley for the poser shot, how nervous were you pulling onto the rock and ledge?

It's definitely something you should have a spotter for. All the trail leaders and spotters at HIH have at least two HIH events under their belts and have fantastic knowledge of the trails and the area. We're picky to a fault when it comes to selecting HIH trail leaders and it's not something that we take lightly.

That paint looks darn GOOD in that light.
Seems to have settled (if that's possible) for paint. Really stands out in that pic.
Yea, it looks totally different than the first few days. Thanks!

I got a few good photos
IMG_2543.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG

RG res HIH9 Trout 1.jpg

This list is amazing! Thank you! Each and everyone of these supporters mean a ton to us and help make HIH a special event, EVERY YEAR.

I also want to include @smakee, the HIH Beer Czar for connecting with local adult beverage distributors and for bringing the #hih9insider theme to the event. Thanks!

Finally home and unpacked. I'll be up early in the morning to repack and head for Montana. I have about 1200 photos and a few hours of video to sort through. I've already received some emails requesting photos. I promise I'll get to them.

The weather was spectacular and the trails were beautiful. I'll get more photos up as soon as I get home from Montana. I expect this trip report to be one of the better ones we've ever had. I can guarantee that there will be useful 100 series tech in this trip report and have asked @woody to leave it right here in the 100 series forum for a while.

The water crossings were epic, the weather was great, the gatherings were legendary and the memories of this one will last a lifetime. I laughed a lot and even cried a little.

These pictures are fantastic, and not just because my truck is in a couple of them! The sad thing is, pictures can never do this place and this event justice. You can’t FEEL these pictures like you do the real thing. So glad to have them around though! It awesome to see people like @paflytyer do some good work in a craft they are good at.
We are still on the road heading through Mississippi towards GA. Looking forward to getting home tonight and decompressing then makeing a proper trip report.

Until then @paflytyer and @bluecruiser what a great event! My family gave it a 10 out of 10, and they are a tough crowd to please! We can’t wait until next year!!

Oh and that’s my LX in that first water crossing photo!!! How awesome is that?! @aaronrules it looks like I got you by just a tad!!! :p

View attachment 2044065

Dude, it totally chaps my hide that you went bigger than me through that water! I’ll break two fan blades next year!!!!!

This list is amazing! Thank you! Each and everyone of these supporters mean a ton to us and help make HIH a special event, EVERY YEAR.

I also want to include @smakee, the HIH Beer Czar for connecting with local adult beverage distributors and for bringing the #hih9insider theme to the event. Thanks!

@smakee is the unsung hero of this event! Free beer and super cool t-shirts for those of us insiders.

Going to reserve my spot for my write up when I make it home...hopefully tomorrow! Fingers crossed my “fix” for my radiator fan holds out!

This event is more than the beautiful scenery, epic trails, cool rigs, and small town. The thing that makes this event, is the people. I always have a great time. I can't thank you all enough for this last week. It's the 1 trip I look forward to for months! Can't wait to see y'all at HIHX

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

Shout out to Oliver @CreasyBear for the badass pics!

9DF834B7-A429-422C-A15D-E818E965FD67.jpeg

FD216544-6390-40ED-B4D9-29153E0D6577.jpeg

0A8F6D81-9D21-4827-9B8D-8EAE8665E944.jpeg

This is a super rad event! Even though I’m one of the Hooligans and not a true Hundred guy, I look forward to it every year. I consider myself fortunate that I have now been able to attend the last 4 years. The people are what make it truly unique and I have met a lot of good people and friends over those years. I fully enjoy showing people around the area I grew up in. Thank you Chris and Stan and everyone else for having me back the last few years. Hope to see you all next year!
05526CE3-4A9A-4D38-8248-17D274EA5642.jpeg

81873742-80D0-48FB-B051-001C62B43843.jpeg

2B591009-6B6A-4863-9F32-8782D28A2566.jpeg

EC554170-412A-49A9-BB67-A5104E18B968.jpeg

Another Epic HIH event. I won’t get around to processing 200+ SLR photos until I return from a business trip and then drive back from Durango to home (San Diego). I know I’ve got at least a few keepers. Reserving this spot for those photos that remind me why HIH creates lifetime memories!

Another Epic HIH event. I won’t get around to processing 200+ SLR photos until I return from a business trip and then drive back from Durango to home (San Diego). I know I’ve got at least a few keepers. Reserving this spot for those photos that remind me why HIH creates lifetime memories!
Im in Durango now, leave 8-6, want to try to hit a trail around here?

The raffle that never ends!

Here's the deal. @Bloomer won the low mile fob shell. Problem is, he already won one in a general raffle bundle. In the true spirit of HIH, he let me know and basically said, "Burn it!" So the lowest mile odo pic with some sort of proof you were at HIH9 (lanyard, name tag, hih9 shirt, etc...) gets a free fob shell.

Cutoff is Saturday August 3, 11:59 mountain time!

Below is the instagram post, but you can also just pm me or post to the YotaMD fob thread here: YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell

Obligatory pics:

odometer-giveaway.jpg

IMG_20190725_130719.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom