Events/Trails HIH9 Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow what a trip! Such an amazing event!!

First of all I want to thank @paflytyer and @bluecruiser for making all of it happen. You guys are amazing! I can’t imagine how tough and stressful it was this year with all of the uncertainty and trail closures leading up to the event. It all pretty much went off without a hitch on our end though. Im sure it was crazy behind the scenes but you guys made it look easy and fun. It’s hard not to have a good time when you guys are around, as a matter of fact I think it’s impossible.
Also a big thanks to the sponsors! Wow. Those guys really came though. From the opening night get together, to coffee in the morning, all the way to the raffle on the last night. Unbelievable.
I made up my mind after last years event that as long as they offered what I needed I would only purchase parts from HIH sponsors and vendors. I’ve stuck to that and will continue down that path. I’ve got a 200 to build now and it’s going to be fun talking to these guys as the build progresss. I will always support those that support this amazing community.

Trails. The trails were awesome this year and I pushed my Cruiser harder than I ever have. From bombing Stony Pass at 35mph+, epic wheel lifts on Immogene, to the biggest and hardest water crossing ever IT WAS A BLAST!!!!

Now to the best part of all. The people. I don’t think there is a better group of people anywhere than the group that gathers for HIH. People that will literally give you the parts off their cruiser to get you going again!!! This year I made some friends that I truly believe will last a lifetime. What more can you ask for?

I can’t wait for HIHX and I’m already making my plans. It’s going to be great to see everyone again!!!!

841DEC89-9179-41BF-BE94-158A36FEDF20.jpeg

D73BABD2-D21A-4656-863C-E05C9A0F0798.jpeg

B90CC74B-6A10-4404-9D15-D8C2810E0DC1.jpeg

63362DD1-51C6-4EAC-9DFE-E23CD510C459.jpeg

B68A86D5-6462-4388-A4BD-62B0E10E3464.png

Lee, great seeing you again and had a blast on the runs we did together. Your wildflower picture is amazing!!

Now to the best part of all. The people. I don’t think there is a better group of people anywhere than the group that gathers for HIH. People that will literally give you the parts off their cruiser to get you going again!!! This year I made some friends that I truly believe will last a lifetime. What more can you ask for?

I can’t wait for HIHX and I’m already making my plans. It’s going to be great to see everyone again!!!!

Lee, great seeing you again and had a blast on the runs we did together. Your wildflower picture is amazing!!
Ha yeah. I should have noted that all the pics were taken by Joy @gagirl . I didn’t take a single one!!!:cool:

The raffle that never ends!

Here's the deal. @Bloomer won the low mile fob shell. Problem is, he already won one in a general raffle bundle. In the true spirit of HIH, he let me know and basically said, "Burn it!" So the lowest mile odo pic with some sort of proof you were at HIH9 (lanyard, name tag, hih9 shirt, etc...) gets a free fob shell.

Cutoff is Saturday August 3, 11:59 mountain time!

Below is the instagram post, but you can also just pm me or post to the YotaMD fob thread here: YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell

Obligatory pics:

View attachment 2046280

View attachment 2046286

OH YEAH! I GET A SECOND CHANCE TO SCORE SOMETHING! I hope nobody has less than 135k, on a '99 model too.

OH YEAH! I GET A SECOND CHANCE TO SCORE SOMETHING! I hope nobody has less than 135k, on a '99 model too.

Someone else pmd me that they were around that figure so it'll be close! Pics are *key* though! Har har. Post up in the YotaMD thread with a pic!

Someone else pmd me that they were around that figure so it'll be close! Pics are *key* though! Har har. Post up in the YotaMD thread with a pic!
You're punny. Ok. Need to call the wife and tell her not to drive the cruiser anymore today until I can get a photo of the odometer. Too bad I just drove ~600 miles to HIH9 and back. Who am I kidding. It was worth it.

Is that a Dissent roof rack?

This is a super rad event! Even though I’m one of the Hooligans and not a true Hundred guy, I look forward to it every year. I consider myself fortunate that I have now been able to attend the last 4 years. The people are what make it truly unique and I have met a lot of good people and friends over those years. I fully enjoy showing people around the area I grew up in. Thank you Chris and Stan and everyone else for having me back the last few years. Hope to see you all next year!

I'm bummed we didn't get to do a trail together again this year. Your trail-leading skills are second to none.

Um, did you guys move this event? This can't be Silverton, CO? Where's the rain pics - muddy knee high Wal-mart boots, tackle football, rain soaked tents, etc... :)

A few of mine.

Departing Ouray

i%tYTWlfRGmWGPqft0B91A.jpg

Stopped on 550 to check out Bear Creek Falls, had time for photos because the truck wouldn't start :)

fullsizeoutput_68.jpeg

Thursday heading to Imogene

@MGarland

fullsizeoutput_6e.jpeg

Waiting for @smakee to tell us Imogene was still blocked below Pride Rock

fullsizeoutput_70.jpeg

@hiteckredneck, help me out with your friends username, this was right before his swing-out went nuts.
@westwardCruiser

fullsizeoutput_71.jpeg

More to come...

Last edited:
help me out with your friends username, this was right before his swing-out went nuts.

That was me! (Nate) Thanks for the pic. That's the only issue I had which was a major improvement over blowing a tire on the last day of HIH8 going down Black Bear.

Um, did you guys move this event? This can't be Silverton, CO? Where's the rain pics - muddy knee high Wal-mart boots, tackle football, rain soaked tents, etc... :)

Funny guy. You never experienced the Ironton Park years, did you. You'll be happy to know that everyone on all my runs remembered to bring their lunches this year. If they hadn't, they would have gotten the same turkey-avocado wraps we shared a few years ago. ;)

Anybody have a pic of stan and I on opening night at the Wyman ? Someone took our pic. I just can’t find it. We had on Hawaiian themed shirts. Thx

Anybody have a pic of stan and I on opening night at the Wyman ? Someone took our pic. I just can’t find it. We had on Hawaiian themed shirts. Thx
I just saw one with Tim on his Gamiviti page. I think half of my head was in the background too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom