HIH9 - Arizona Thread - Who's going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going. This will be my 4th year but my first going from AZ. I just moved here from Houston in December. I can't wait. The thought of an 8 hr drive over a 21 hr drive has me smiling from ear-to-ear! Any suggestions for good Phoenix area mechanics (shop or shade tree)?

I'm going. This will be my 4th year but my first going from AZ. I just moved here from Houston in December. I can't wait. The thought of an 8 hr drive over a 21 hr drive has me smiling from ear-to-ear! Any suggestions for good Phoenix area mechanics (shop or shade tree)?

Welcome!

Camelback Toyota is where most of the members go for service. Eric Murphy @murf is a member and the service manager. They do a great job.

Just got signed up for trails.

Thought I'd bump this to the top

Thursday - California to corkscrew
Friday - Poughkeepsie bypass
Saturday - Stony Pass
Sunday - Black Bear to Telluride

Last edited:
Which Black Bear run on Sunday @Otter? HIH17 @Abigail and I did it then headed back to AZ, it worked out pretty well and I'll probably do it that way again.

Which Black Bear run on Sunday @Otter? HIH17 @Abigail and I did it then headed back to AZ, it worked out pretty well and I'll probably do it that way again.

I'm on the 8am run. Last year, the two runs didn't have enough trucks, so Chris and Stan ended up combining them at one point. We ate lunch in Telluride, them came back across over Imogene. It ended up being a pretty full day and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't going to trip home until Monday morning.

I'm thinking I'll head off on Monday some time and camp in the White Mountains somewhere, then Tuesday up in to Utah, and Wednesday over in to Colorado. May have delay my departure to Tuesday depending on how work is.

What's the rest of the group's plans?

I'm thinking I'll head off on Monday some time and camp in the White Mountains somewhere, then Tuesday up in to Utah, and Wednesday over in to Colorado. May have delay my departure to Tuesday depending on how work is.

What's the rest of the group's plans?

I'm either leaving Tuesday mid day and camping somewhere (not sure where) or leaving really early Wednesday morning.

I'd rather leave Tuesday sometime and get in to Silverton early on Wednesday.

I wish I was going :frown:

If you leave at midnight phx, and leg it out, refuel in flag, by sun up you're to kayenta, give or take, and you get a second wind with day break.

Stop at burger boy for breakfast, and then head up thru Dolores and hang a right at Ophir over to 550 and then down to Silverton. Into Silverton betwern 10-11am. A way better route than gallop durango / shiprock...imo.

Midnight assures you lose no days of your life traveling. Early arrival with time for clear lake, stoney or animas, given they're all so close and quick. OR get camp set and relax.

Last edited:
My daughter and I are going to just miss you guys in Silverton. Have a ton of fun!

We are heading out from Phoenix on Tuesday afternoon. We're staying in Cortez or Durango that night and then heading to Silverton early Wednesday. We can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom