High Out Put Alternator???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time for a new alternator just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a high out put alternator just something thats will put out a few more amps any info much appreciated

type "high output alternator" in the search box in the upper right of the page. Tons of info.

I'd just get a stockish alternator and rewire everything, you'll get great results.

I went with a delco alternator from a GM. Simple install. IIRC, 105 amps. So far so good.

Year vehicle?

CS 130

Any alternator shop should have one. For less than a hundred. Stock was 95-105 amps. They usually will boost them if you ask. I got my 180 amp for $145 out the door. Make sure the mounting tabs are across from each other.

I took that problem to my local auto-electric shop, Lehr in east Sac. It's good to have an auto-electric shop in walking distance....
I came out with a Hehr alternator. 150 amps. Made in Texas. And the matching voltage regulator. Bolted into the 2F mount with a bit of tweaking and some extra washers.
It comes on at about 1000 RPM, keeps the voltmeter happy, hasn't had a problem in 5 years or so.

Time for a new alternator just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a high out put alternator just something thats will put out a few more amps any info much appreciated

I just swapped out my hi-amp MAF alternator for a Premier Power Welder alternator. The MAF one has never been used, just mocked in place on an F engine . PM me if you want it.

Any alternator shop should have one. For less than a hundred. Stock was 95-105 amps. They usually will boost them if you ask. I got my 180 amp for $145 out the door. Make sure the mounting tabs are across from each other.

What do you actually get with a "boosted" output alternator? I always wondered what people like mean green are doing to "boost" the output when the alternator looks the same on the outside.
Some of them claim that they "rewire" it, but if you peek inside, it would be a PITA to rewind it and it isn't like there is any room to put any more wire. I asked them what they do, but they won't say.

Powermaster. you can get it at most auto parts stores. 140 amp

What do you actually get with a "boosted" output alternator? I always wondered what people like mean green are doing to "boost" the output when the alternator looks the same on the outside.
Some of them claim that they "rewire" it, but if you peek inside, it would be a PITA to rewind it and it isn't like there is any room to put any more wire. I asked them what they do, but they won't say.
My guess is they change the stator/rotor winding ratios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom